Contribute
Register

High Sierra installer won't run, Can't download important content at this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need for the conspiracy theories - It is just a problem with UniBeast 8.3.1.
Wait for an updated release or use this method :
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/
I don't think its just unibeast 8.3.1. I'm finally getting around to installing macOS with a unibeast 8.2 from March 2nd 2018 and it's giving me the same "Cant download important content at this time" and I don't have access to a Mac to re arrange unibest or redownload and install for a while. If anybody has another method I'm all ears.

I don't think its just unibeast 8.3.1. I'm finally getting around to installing macOS with a unibeast 8.2 from March 2nd 2018 and it's giving me the same "Cant download important content at this time" and I don't have access to a Mac to re arrange unibest or redownload and install for a while. If anybody has another method I'm all ears.
I have only a company mac my desktop and laptop without any OS now as I killed both :D
Now try to boot image created with Unibeast 8.10 and updated Clover. Loading at 80% and really slow.

I created a new USB with UniBeast 8.10 from 10.3.4 installer
I updated clover based on https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/

After reupdated it with the downloadable version from here.

First boot prohibited icon, second booted and now it's installing.

I am here:

STEP 5: Post Installation with MultiBeast
MultiBeast is an all-in-one post-installation tool designed to enable boot from hard drive, and install support for Audio, Network, and Graphics. The installation is complete, but the drive isn't bootable yet. Boot from the USB again, this time choosing Sierra.

1. Turn on the computer
2. Press the hotkey to choose boot device
3. Choose USB
4. At the Boot Screen, choose your new Sierra installation. >>> Here I got prohibited icon again but second boot it continue installation.

Any idea why I can boot only every 2nd try?!

After multibeast it not boot anymore: Error loading kernel cache (0x9)

It boot nice from my USB but not from the hard drive.

Last edited:
Thanks P1LGRIM, this suggestions worked with zero problems, just use non beta commands to make 10.13.4 USB and all Clover Ktexts and settings
Great :thumbup:

BTW : UniBeast is fixed now.

Sorry for the late reply, good to hear that Unibeast for the latest installer should be fixed. I *did* get it working with Unibeast 8.1.0 and the installer from October 2017, that worked surprisingly well.

Now I'm just running into weirdness with getting the drivers right, but I'll start a new thread for that one.

Same results, nothing helps, I wiped and other HDD too, tried to run in my T420 laptop too, same.. :'(
I had the same problem during my installation, use unibeast 8.2 to make the bootable usb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back