Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
SPECS:
ASUS z170-AR
Intel 6600k
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 DirectX 3GB

So I'm trying to do an install of High Sierra but the installation is unable to finish. Using installation guide on this site and using USB 2.0 port (it won't work on USB 3.0 port).

I get a screen when I first start up the computer and boot from the USB (picture below). Not sure what any of it means or if it's something to be concerned about.
Image.jpeg

I'm able to boot the installer from the USB (only if booted with injected kexts for whatever reason, this might already be a sign of some kind of issue). I get to the install screen just fine (it does take a while thought), format and choose my SSD, and start installing. It gets through the first part and reboots, where I choose to continue the install on the SSD. I've been doing that with the injected kexts again since I had to for the initial installer, and it gets through this part seemingly fine. (Pictures below for all of these).
Image 2.jpeg
Image 3.jpeg

Image 4.jpeg

Once it reboots for the 2nd time, however, and I try to complete the macOS setup by booting from the SSD again, it is unable to complete (I'm booting with injected kexts here as well). Below a picture of what the verbose says where it gets stuck. I don't understand any of it so any help is greatly appreciated!
Image 8.jpeg

Any ideas as to why I'm having issues with the install? I installed macOS Sierra on this same computer a few years ago without any issues, so not sure why I would be having difficulties with this install.

Thank you!

SPECS:
ASUS z170-AR
Intel 6600k
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 DirectX 3GB

So I'm trying to do an install of High Sierra but the installation is unable to finish. Using installation guide on this site and using USB 2.0 port (it won't work on USB 3.0 port).

I get a screen when I first start up the computer and boot from the USB (picture below). Not sure what any of it means or if it's something to be concerned about.
View attachment 464681

I'm able to boot the installer from the USB (only if booted with injected kexts for whatever reason, this might already be a sign of some kind of issue). I get to the install screen just fine (it does take a while thought), format and choose my SSD, and start installing. It gets through the first part and reboots, where I choose to continue the install on the SSD. I've been doing that with the injected kexts again since I had to for the initial installer, and it gets through this part seemingly fine. (Pictures below for all of these).
View attachment 464682View attachment 464683
View attachment 464684

Once it reboots for the 2nd time, however, and I try to complete the macOS setup by booting from the SSD again, it is unable to complete (I'm booting with injected kexts here as well). Below a picture of what the verbose says where it gets stuck. I don't understand any of it so any help is greatly appreciated!
View attachment 464685

Any ideas as to why I'm having issues with the install? I installed macOS Sierra on this same computer a few years ago without any issues, so not sure why I would be having difficulties with this install.

Thank you!
you have to keep booting from the usb stick until you have installed clover to your machine

you have to keep booting from the usb stick until you have installed clover to your machine
But the guide says to choose "High Sierra" after it restarts the first time where it says "Boot macOS Install on High Sierra" in order to to complete the installation.
Are you saying I have to choose the "Boot OS X Install from macOS High Sierra" a second time?

But the guide says to choose "High Sierra" after it restarts the first time where it says "Boot macOS Install on High Sierra" in order to to complete the installation.
Are you saying I have to choose the "Boot OS X Install from macOS High Sierra" a second time?
Apologies on the original post I made, I should've specified that I'm still booting from the USB every time, just choosing the SSD to continue the installation rather than the "Boot OS X Install from Install macOS High Sierra" as it says in the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back