Contribute
Register

High Sierra Install does not get to the Language Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I have downloaded clover configurator and mounted the EFI. Now what do I do?

Sorry I am not on the same page.

What I have done is install clover configurator.
I did the MOUNT EFI option and the saved the plist file.

then I did a reboot and then I got the clover configurator screen and I am unable to boot into the OS without using the boot disk.

Then I I need to Copy and paste the EFI folder from your USB's EFI partition to the hard drive's EFI partition.I am unsure what to do as I the only EFI file on my usb install is the EFI Backup that is empty. and then the EFI folder is on the mount drive.

So right now I seem to have a few issues.

sorry but thanks for all the help much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_5428.JPG
    IMG_5428.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_8800.JPG
    IMG_8800.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_9723.JPG
    IMG_9723.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 35
So right now I seem to have a few issues.

sorry but thanks for all the help much appreciated.
Watch this video to see how to do this.

Watch this video to see how to do this.

thanks for the video, I have now got the machine to boot with out the USB drive. Thanks so much.

Then I just want to check how do I get the audio to work? I did not see anything on the video about that

thanks for the video, I have now got the machine to boot with out the USB drive. Thanks so much.

Then I just want to check how do I get the audio to work? I did not see anything on the video about that

want to check how do I get the audio to work?
You have to find out whether your onboard audio Chip ALCxxx whatever it is has support in Apple ALC. I'd think that it does. Then you use AppleALC kext and the correct Devices/Properties entry for that device.

I did not see anything on the video about that
Don't follow other parts of that video for your system. That is a video guide for a Dell Optiplex 7010/9010. I was just showing you the part about copying the EFI folder to the HDD. You still want to use iMac 14,2 SMBIOS.

Don't follow other parts of that video for your system. That is a video guide for a Dell Optiplex 7010/9010. I was just showing you the part about copying the EFI folder to the HDD. You still want to use iMac 14,2 SMBIOS.
no I did not do any of that, thanks
do you know if I can use clover configurator to get the audio working?

no I did not do any of that, thanks
do you know if I can use clover configurator to get the audio working?
did you read up on the link I sent you?

hackintool may also help as well....

did you read up on the link I sent you?

hackintool may also help as well....
Hi I did have a look at the guide, but I am not sure where to start and what steps I should follow.

I have had a look and I do have the kexts in my EFi folder.

could you assist as to what steps I should follow?

Hi I did have a look at the guide, but I am not sure where to start and what steps I should follow.

I have had a look and I do have the kexts in my EFi folder.

could you assist as to what steps I should follow?
zip and upload your clover folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back