Contribute
Register

High Sierra Install does not get to the Language Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should be using iMac 14,2 for your Haswell Hardware. You also have too many unneeded kexts in the other folder. Whittle it down to just the essentials.
thanks for the quick response, how do I do all of this?
as I have just done the boot disk as per the user guide.

Please could you let me know how to make the changes

thanks for the quick response, how do I do all of this?
as I have just done the boot disk as per the user guide.

Please could you let me know how to make the changes

then do I also edit it on the boot disk directly?

I have just done the boot disk as per the user guide.
How did you get an iMac 1,1 config.plist ? The user guide uses 14,2. Why not make a new Unibeast installer for UEFI booting and start there ? That should at least help you reach the installer. Use the newest Unibeast 8.4.0 and things will just work. https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/unibeast-8-4-0-high-sierra.473/

How did you get an iMac 1,1 config.plist ? The user guide uses 14,2. Why not make a new Unibeast installer for UEFI booting and start there ? That should at least help you reach the installer. Use the newest Unibeast 8.4.0 and things will just work. https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/unibeast-8-4-0-high-sierra.473/

Thanks for all the help. I will start again. then I will send you the file to check before I start again.

h
Thanks for all the help. I will start again. then I will send you the file to check before I start again.

Here is the update file and screen shot of the boot disk.

Is this now correct?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    5.4 MB · Views: 32
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 3.40.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 3.40.21 PM.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 24
Is this now correct?
No, not correct. I said to run Unibeast 8.4.0 and make a completely new USB installer. When you do that it creates a config.plist with iMac 14,2 SMBIOS. You won't have the old drivers64UEFI folders either. Why not follow directions ?

Screen Shot 1.jpg
The second two folders should not be there.

What kind of computer are you using to make your USB installer ?

No, not correct. I said to run Unibeast 8.4.0 and make a completely new USB installer. When you do that it creates a config.plist with iMac 14,2 SMBIOS. You won't have the old drivers64UEFI folders either. Why not follow directions ?

View attachment 465410 The second two folders should not be there.

What kind of computer are you using to make your USB installer ?

Hi that is exactly what I have done.

see the screenshots of the Unibeast version.

I am running the boot disk creation from a Mac mini running Catalina.
I have also disabled the SIP on Catalina.

I erased and started again. Then when I run Unibeast I select UEFI, High Sierra and nothing for graphics, and run and his is the boot disk I get.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 4.07.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-27 at 4.07.30 PM.png
    20.2 KB · Views: 35
Hi that is exactly what I have done.

see the screenshots of the Unibeast version.

I am running the boot disk creation from a Mac mini running Catalina.
I have also disabled the SIP on Catalina.

I erased and started again. Then when I run Unibeast I select UEFI, High Sierra and nothing for graphics, and run and his is the boot disk I get.
Let me try again

I have redone everything and the installation has been completed successfully. But after completing the Multibeast setup and after I was using the machine for a while the screen has stopped displaying and only shows no signal now.

Tried booting into safe made and the same issue happens.

Please help

I have redone everything and the installation has been completed successfully. But after completing the Multibeast setup and after I was using the machine for a while the screen has stopped displaying and only shows no signal now.

Tried booting into safe made and the same issue happens.

Please help
Boot from the Unibeast USB and see if it will work that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back