i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

I have had this issue so if anyone can help that would be amazing. Not something I've had to battle with on previous builds.

High Sierra install and post install all gone smoothly and running fine, except, the HS build is 17G66 - so I use terminal to patch the NVIDIA drivers to .140 - now whenever I have the HDMI plugged in, it goes to black screen after loading bar. If I boot with DVI, loads absolutely fine and I can connect the HDMI afterward and both screens appear, but if I try to boot with both cables plugged in, then I get black screen. The build clearly continues on to the login screen, only I can't see it.

Does anyone have any ideas for this?

I guess in the meantime until I go to AMD and Mojave, I can work around by plugging and unplugging but its super annoying and also frustrating that I can't get to the bottom of it.

I've attached a copy of my EFI

Attachments

• 2021_Build.zip
    17.3 MB · Views: 52
the HS build is 17G66
A common problem with build 17G66 - Use the forum Search tool for details.
TLDR: Install the security update to change the build number then install the matching web drivers.

A common problem with build 17G66 - Use the forum Search tool for details.
TLDR: Install the security update to change the build number then install the matching web drivers.
Thank you P1LGRIM- I tried that already though. Updated security updates both through App Store and manual download and install - tried installing SecUpdate 005/006/007 and nothing seems to change the build number. Ill look further into why this is

nothing seems to change the build number
If the build number has not changed then the updates have not been successfully installed.

Update - still having the same black screen problem
Managed to get security update installed and build 17G10021 installed.
Downloaded and installed correct web drivers - working correctly.
Cleared NVRAM and reset.

Still got the black screen if I boot with HDMI plugged in :crazy:

If the build number has not changed then the updates have not been successfully installed.
Update - still having the same black screen problem
Managed to get security update installed and build 17G10021 installed.
Downloaded and installed correct web drivers - working correctly.
Cleared NVRAM and reset.

Still got the black screen if I boot with HDMI plugged in :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back