Contribute
Register

High Sierra - Graphic Lag with 1080

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I'm not sure that selling the 1070 will be my first choice, but I'll wipe and install sierra and see where that takes me.
If I have the same issue then it will be the solution.

But it appears the issue is somehow linked with high sierra, which I hate anyway.

I've tried the clean install route. With a completely clean install and nothing installed except the Nvidia web drivers, still lagged like crazy. Only downgrading the drivers worked.

The problem is only "linked to High Sierra" because the versions of the Nvidia web drivers for High Sierra are buggy.

I've tried the clean install route. With a completely clean install and nothing installed except the Nvidia web drivers, still lagged like crazy. Only downgrading the drivers worked.

The problem is only "linked to High Sierra" because the versions of the Nvidia web drivers for High Sierra are buggy.
Hmmm what a pain.

I was getting the same problem with my 1070. saw a video on youtube and fixed it by booting without emuvariableuefi, installing the web drivers, restarting the hackintosh and then applying emuvariableuefi. After restarting again, bang, no more lag switching tabs in chrome and etc.

(sorry for any English mistakes!)

Last edited by a moderator:

I can attest that I had nVidia GPU in Sierra 10.12.6 and it worked like butter.

Ever since High Sierra came out it's been really bad for nVidia.

I switched to AMD for this reason.

I was getting the same problem with my 1070. saw a video on youtube and fixed it by booting without emuvariableuefi, installing the web drivers, restarting the hackintosh and then applying emuvariableuefi. After restarting again, bang, no more lag switching tabs in chrome and etc.

(sorry for any English mistakes!)
Hi, Thanks for the info. I did this and it seems to be running fine. I also notice that inject Nvidia was checked under graphics, so I un-checked it and the lag seems to have disappeared since I updated to 10.13.4 and installed the latest drivers. :)

Hello, I've installed High Sierra 10.13 and them downloaded in app store version 10.13.6 and my Nvidia GTX 670 worked like a charm. In version 10.13 was not working, but after upgrade to 10.13.6 its working out of the box. Will GTX 670 work on Mojave, any idea??

Thanks.

Hello, I've installed High Sierra 10.13 and them downloaded in app store version 10.13.6 and myNvidia GTX 670 worked like a charm. In version 10.13 was not working, but after upgrade to 10.13.6 its working out of the box. Will GTX 670 work on Mojave, any idea??

Thanks.

GTX 670 should work with macOS Mojave built-in drivers.

GTX 670 should work with macOS Mojave built-in drivers.
I've installed Mojave and its show my driver but is lagging too much, trying to fix this with WhateverGreen.kext. Will post found. I attached pictures showing drivers installed but video lagging too much.
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2532.JPG
    IMG_2532.JPG
    768.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2533.JPG
    IMG_2533.JPG
    762.6 KB · Views: 70
I've installed Mojave and its show my driver but is lagging too much, trying to fix this with WhateverGreen.kext. Will post found. I attached pictures showing drivers installed but video lagging too much.
Thanks.

As per forum rules, please fill out your profile with your CPU, motherboard, and GPU info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back