Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H bios v 16j
CPU
i5-3570k
Graphics
MSI Geforce GTX 570 HD
Hello,

After reading 5 different websites and tried over 10 days I am not able to boot High Sierra with graphic acceleration with a GTX 570 HD 1280MB card, I am out of ideas.

My gig was running fine with El Capitan but as the OS was a couple of years old I decided to update it to Sierra, as I had already installed Clover as boot loader I updated directly instead of a fresh install. The update worked fine and after reboot everything was working fine, display, USB, NICs, HDMI display, etc. As everything was fine I investigated how to update it to High Sierra and I updated. I kept using HFS+ instead of moving to APFS as I don't have SSD.

The update to 10.13.4 (17E199) was fine but I am not able to get graphic acceleration with a GTX 570 HD. As this card is old I did not installed first Nvidia web drivers and injected them in Clover.

I have tried all possibles combination in Clover boot fags and in config.plist and I am just able to get into the desktop with a very low resolution and refresh rate if I use nv_disable=1 my display is connected via HDMI and the OS is detecting it as 17" instead of 23".

I have used lilu and Nvidia fix kexts. I have enabled NVRAM, enabled SIP, installed Nvidia web drivers for my OS version.

Depending the the combination used i get the following results:

1) Great resolution after boot but gIOScreenLockState 3 message all the time instead of getting into the desktop.
2) Reboot after boot
3) Display don't detected so it powers off
4) Very low resolution if I disable nvidia

Any idea about what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I have updated the bios to latest one: 16j I have not seen any difference.

I will keep trying

Cheers

I have updated the bios to the latest one: 16j and I have not seen any difference.

I will keep trying.

Cheers

Hi !
I have been struggling with High Sierra and fermi cards (GTX550Ti + GTX 560)
I can't get them to work with a HD4600. IGPU works, but nvidia GFXs just display a mouse pointer over a black background...
But everything is fine with capitan and sierra.(triple gpu, triple monitor)
Another user who has a GTX560 working was kind enough to provide his config details : he got it by somehow disabling Metal
I didn't try this since my only purpose in an upgrade to HighSierra is precisely Metal testing

you might want to try lilu + nvidiaGraphicsFixup + ngfxgl flag

same problem here... i searching for a long time now... no luck with an Asus GTX 570 and i3770k since high Sierra.The IGPU runns perfekt.

It works very well after I have downgraded the macOS to 10.11.6. I have tested the system definitions and found that the GTX 570 only works on MacPro3,1. And 10.12 and 10.13 do not support MacPro3,1 =[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back