Contribute
Register

High Sierra Bootable USB Install Freezing On: "000001.460932 AppleUSBLegacyRoot@: AppleUSBLegacyRoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170-HD3
CPU
Intel i5-6600k
Graphics
AMD RX 580
Currently, I am trying to boot from a high sierra usb on a fresh previously built system. When booting with verbose mode along with boot args: dart=0 and nv_disable=1, the system will freeze. Attached is a picture in verbose mode where the system freezes.

This fresh install is the result of a catastrophic failure on my previous attempt on upgrading my hackintosh from the previously stable 10.12.6 to 10.13.4. The freezing at the time happened directly after me altering my efi in a attempt to get usb 3.0 ports working. Since the ordeal, I got a new ssd, created a new macos high sierra usb, and am booting with the same efi on the usb as the efi I used on 10.12.6.

Attachments

• WIN_20180412_17_01_52_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20180412_17_01_52_Pro.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 341
Currently, I am trying to boot from a high sierra usb on a fresh previously built system. When booting with verbose mode along with boot args: dart=0 and nv_disable=1, the system will freeze. Attached is a picture in verbose mode where the system freezes.

This fresh install is the result of a catastrophic failure on my previous attempt on upgrading my hackintosh from the previously stable 10.12.6 to 10.13.4. The freezing at the time happened directly after me altering my efi in a attempt to get usb 3.0 ports working. Since the ordeal, I got a new ssd, created a new macos high sierra usb, and am booting with the same efi on the usb as the efi I used on 10.12.6.

• This verbose boot error indicates a problem with USB port file transfer.
  • The usual culprits are:
    • BIOS USB Controllers are not ENABLED properly
      • Make sure to ENABLE XHCI Hand-off (Default: Disabled)
    • CLOVER/kexts/Other does not have GenericUSBXHCI.kext
    • config.plist >Devices >USB section does not have [√]FixOwnership
    • The USB Flash drive is inserted to an incompatible USB port -> Try all ports
  • From my Forum experience, the single most common cause is lack of [√]FixOwnership

Make sure to ENABLE XHCI Hand-off (Default: Disabled)
Looks like that got me further, now I get to this area of the verbose before the letters corrupt and I get a prohibited sign.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 195
Looks like that got me further, now I get to this area of the verbose before the letters corrupt and I get a prohibited sign.
Did you check your config.plist_Devices_ USB Inject [√]FixOwnership?

• Please upload your CLOVER from the uSB installer as a compressed file (zip) for someone to check.
    • For steps: check this ->#9
I am signing off now .

Did you check your config.plist_Devices_ USB Inject [√]FixOwnership?

• Please upload your CLOVER from the uSB installer as a compressed file (zip) for someone to check.
    • For steps: check this ->#9
I am signing off now .

Thank you for taking the time to look over my Clover file. I checked fix ownership, however it made no difference.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 126
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back