Contribute
Register

High Sierra 10.13.3 fresh instal on ga-z87x-ud3h (fail)

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is no difference at all...

Attachments

• IMG_1952.JPG
    IMG_1952.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1953.JPG
    IMG_1953.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 95
Wrong BIOS Choice as shown in edited image: Please choose IGFX for Initial Display Output
Intel Processor Graphics Memory Allocation 128 M is better (64 M is acceptable)
there is no difference at all...
  • Your Monitor is attached to HDMI of Integrated Graphics, Right?
Can you take a screen shot of Clover Boot Manager screen >Options> GraphicsInjector-> and upload the image?

Ok I finally reach installation screen.. just start installation proces. And get a error :
The recovery server could not be contacted
so I use terminator command:
ntpdate -u time.apple.com
and it helps, next formated ssd - I chose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and in the beginning instalation show it will took about 8 minutes but after short period of time it change to 1h30min.. why? usually installing os took about 15-20 min max

Edit:
After 1h progres is about 30% and it stuck ;( showing 1h 8min to end.

Last edited:
Ok I finally reach installation screen.. just start installation proces. And get a error :
The recovery server could not be contacted
so I use terminator command:
ntpdate -u time.apple.com
and it helps, next formated ssd - I chose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and in the beginning instalation show it will took about 8 minutes but after short period of time it change to 1h30min.. why? usually installing os took about 15-20 min max

Edit:
After 1h progres is about 30% and it stuck ;( showing 1h 8min to end.

Ok I finally reach installation screen..
How?

Your above post does not provide any continuity to understand your current predicament and is of no help to others who might want to use Forum posts to solve similar problems.

I swith to hdmi like you said. But instalation proces freez
  • MacOS requires Digital Video like DVI-D\HDMI\DP and will have graphics failure if monitor is connected via VGA port.
  • Unlike previous versions of macOS, macOS High Sierra has 30-45 minutes of multi-stage reboot after installation starts from DU >Partition and Format>MacOS Installation .
    • The first stage starts as around a projected 8 minutes but may actually reboot in 4 minutes.
    • During this reboot , my recommendation is to press the hotkey to pause at Boot Device Selection Screen .
    • Select the High Sierra USB Installer (on every reboot until installation is fully done on the HDD and CLOVER installed on it ) to enter Clover Boot Manager (CBM) screen
    • From CBM switch to partially installed System hard disk and boot using the USB Installer's Config.plist (since HDD has NO CLOVER)
  • The installation time can vary and as long as the HDD LED shows activity (file transfers) , patiently waiting is the only recourse.
  • If it is a boot failure (no HDD LED light and no progress on Screen), then the installation file had some corruption or hardware problems like bad RAM and HDD must be considered and
    • starting with a new installer is the only option.
Edited to add one more thing:

In any new installation, keeping the Storage Drives to the bare minimum is essential to reduce clutter and speed up installation. Keeping only the target Hard disk in SATA port, keeping only the Installer USB and Keyboard & Mouse in USB ports and disconnecting all other devices during the installation will ensure all resources (RAM /Power) fully available for macOS installation. I know , for many this is not part of a high priority preinstall preparation.

Last edited:
I always make instal only witch master ssd and connected keyboard and mouse via usb.. notching else. This time also gtx is out.
Last night I run installation again, 8h of installing and no result, it stuck. (It stuck bout no freez, mouse and menus are clickable, I can cancel installation etc.) There was no multi-stage reboot.

Attachments

• IMG_1955.JPG
    IMG_1955.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 67
I always make instal only witch master ssd and connected keyboard and mouse via usb.. notching else. This time also gtx is out.
Last night I run installation again, 8h of installing and no result, it stuck. (It stuck bout no freez, mouse and menus are clickable, I can cancel installation etc.) There was no multi-stage reboot.
  • I am more inclined to think either the macOS High Sierra Installer has some file missing or corrupted or there is a hardware issue like RAM or HDD may have problems.
  • With all the changes made to CLOVER and BIOS so far , I don't think CLOVER or BIOS are the areas to look for issues.
  • My approach under this circumstance:
    • Check shasum of the downloaded Install macOS HighSierra from Applications folder using the following Terminal cmd and verifying the Alphanumeric string to confirm it is authentic and full Installer. through a Google search
      • shasum /Applications/Install*OS*.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg
      • An output for macOS High Sierra Version 10.3.3 (17D102) will be like:
        726c7516fdbe33ae3f2384ba1ce7efcda4335776 /Applications/Install macOS High Sierra.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg
  • If the Installer is good, try a different hard disk, (say a smaller SATA Spindisk as SATA -0 ) to start the installation
  • If that fails, consider RAM as the issue .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back