Contribute
Register

High Sierra 10.13.3 fresh instal on ga-z87x-ud3h (fail)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey. Im trying to install fresh OS X 10.13.3 on may rig:
mb: ga-z87x-ud3h
cpu: 4770k
gpu: gtx 660ti
ssd

I made bootable USB with High Sierra 10.13.3 via Unibeast 8.2, but when I try to boot it stuck on black screen and apple logo. Booting witch -v flag stops on:
Atempting system restart...MACH Reboot

Any suggestion?

Hey. Im trying to install fresh OS X 10.13.3 on may rig:
mb: ga-z87x-ud3h
cpu: 4770k
gpu: gtx 660ti
ssd

I made usb bootable USB with High Sierra 10.13.3 via Unibeast 8.2, but when I try to boot it stuck on black screen and apple logo. Booting witch -v flag stops on:

Any suggestion?
do a search for MACH Reboot

So I need to use clover and Drop MACH on USB installer ?

I mount my USB installer end efi partition an add

<key>APCI</key>
<key>DropTables</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Signature</key>
<string>MATS</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Signature</key>
<string>DMAR</string>
</dict>
</array>

to config. but that doesn't help.. still stuck on:

Last edited:
So I need to use clover and Drop MACH on USB installer ?

I mount my USB installer end efi partition an add

<key>APCI</key>
<key>DropTables</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Signature</key>
<string>MATS</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Signature</key>
<string>DMAR</string>
</dict>
</array>will work on macOS High Sierra.

to config. but that doesn't help.. still stuck on:
  • First do a good research on how well your Nividia GTX 660 Ti is going to function in macOS High Sierra before consider using it (ultimately) in this System.
  • To begin with, you can use your Intel HD graphics 4600 with proper editing of CLOVER on your USB installer Disk and setting up the BIOS for using the Integrated Intel HD as the ENABLED Graphics card with DVMT Pre-Allocated Memory of ideally 128M or at least 64M and removing the Nvidia Card from PCIE Slot.
  • As I hinted, do a lot of research, before installing Nvidia GTX 660 Ti as the Graphics card and only after the System is running well and updated to the latest with intel HD 4600 as the Graphics card.
  • Until you remove the PCIE card, you won't be able to install macOS High Sierra System in this computer.

Last edited:
@cmn699 but from the beginning I try to instal without gtx, on internal Intel HD and stil no success.
Unless you upload what you see on the monitor screen to reach the conclusion , no one can understand what caused you to fail using integrated Intel.
I can guess that you might have made some error in the CLOVER editing, choosing the BIOS options or connecting the Monitor to the Intel HD Graphics or your Installer disk has some problem with the macOS High Sierra Installer file.

If you need help, post the verbose boot screen image and CLOVER from the USB installer as a Compressed file (Zip).

@cmn699
Here is my usb installer EFI foledr and screw capture.

I try with clover option: Drop MATS and DMAR

Attachments

• IMG_1947.JPG
    IMG_1947.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 112
  • EFI.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 55
@cmn699
Here is my usb installer EFI foledr and screw capture.

I try with clover option: Drop MATS and DMAR
  • I reviewed the Verbose boot screen shot and your EFI.
  • The Verbose boot had progressed from earlier crash, possibly because of your prior troubleshoot, but has since stalled because of problem loading required kexts from your CLOVER folder.
    • This is possibly from lack of needed kexts and /or config.plist _Rt Variables_CsrActiveConfig not set as 0x67.
  • I expect, as you had indicated earlier, your Nvidia Video card is out of your Motherboard and your BIOS options are configured to use Intel HD Graphics as I had shown in my previous response. If it is not done , please do so for the troubleshoot to succeed.
  • I am uploading an edited version of your EFI folder from the USB Installer as a zipped file.
    • Unzip, rename as EFI and replace the current one in the High Sierra USB installer with this edited EFI and boot and upload any failed boot screen.
  • If it helps to reach installation screen, if you can, try installing the hard disk (SSD or Spindisk) in GPT+HFS+J rather than APFS.
  • There can be 2-4 reboots before the System disk finally goes to the Setup screen with choice of Region, Apple Account, iCloud, Desktop, Keyboard setup etc.
  • During each reboot, I suggest to press F-12 to stop at the Boot Device Selection Screen and Select the UEFI USB installer Disk to enter Clover Boot Manager(CBM) screen
  • Once the CBM screen opens , switch to the partially installed System Disk to continue the boot.
  • Once you are able to install using the modified EFI, you can copy and paste the EFI from the Installer to the System disk created to make that CLOVER bootable instead of having to install CLOVER and kexts using Multibeast or Stand-alone Clover and downloaded kexts.
  • The kexts inside CLOVER/Other such as FakeSMC, your Ethernet kext, the Lilu .kext and IntergraphicsFixup.kext, PCIIDkext, etc are better installed in the System disk using Kext wizard after copying and pasting them from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other to Desktop (for convenience) .
    • As you may know you would need an application like Clover Configurator Vibrant (CCV) to mount the EFI and then copy the above files to paste on Desktop.

Attachments

• EFI-KUR.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 70
  • Kextloading freeze.png
    Kextloading freeze.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 96
@cmn699
Ok. I replace EFI folder with yours on USB. Check bios setting for Intel HD ....and it stuck on something new
Wrong BIOS Choice as shown in edited image: Please choose IGFX for Initial Display Output
Intel Processor Graphics Memory Allocation 128 M is better (64 M is acceptable)

Attachments

• BIOS _IGFX.png
    BIOS _IGFX.png
    265.3 KB · Views: 131
  • Graphics Hang.png
    Graphics Hang.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 119
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back