Contribute
Register

Hiding Windows 7 Drives in OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd post another alternative. Using a simple Applescript and setting it as a 'Login Item' under Accounts does the trick as well.

Code:
tell application "Terminal"
	activate
	do script ¬
		"diskutil unmount \"/Volumes/Windows 7\"" in ¬
		window frontmost
	delay 5
	quit
end tell

just taging this so I can find it. I do have a problem, but I'll post it later.

Sudds said:
Open textedit, select format tab, select make plain text.

My own example:

LABEL=System\040Reserved none ntfs noauto
UUID=6C8131C0-F79D-46F1-BB2C-B49BBDFD1364 none ntfs noauto
UUID=78D4F0C4-9DF4-4CE7-B7D4-B82D250F3A9C none ntfs noauto

Do not copy and paste, use TAB -->| key for spacing.

When saving untick use .txt as extension, name the txt file "fstab" without quotes.
Place in the "etc" folder in root of your drive, you may need show all files app which is available with multibeast.

I used this but it does not work with the "System reserved", or in my case it is called "Reserverad av systemet"

It removes "System" on my SSD, but "Reserverad av systemet" still shows and it does not have a UUID so how do I remove it?

[SvK said:
Rogue]
Sudds said:
Open textedit, select format tab, select make plain text.

My own example:

LABEL=System\040Reserved none ntfs noauto
UUID=6C8131C0-F79D-46F1-BB2C-B49BBDFD1364 none ntfs noauto
UUID=78D4F0C4-9DF4-4CE7-B7D4-B82D250F3A9C none ntfs noauto

Do not copy and paste, use TAB -->| key for spacing.

When saving untick use .txt as extension, name the txt file "fstab" without quotes.
Place in the "etc" folder in root of your drive, you may need show all files app which is available with multibeast.

I used this but it does not work with the "System reserved", or in my case it is called "Reserverad av systemet"

It removes "System" on my SSD, but "Reserverad av systemet" still shows and it does not have a UUID so how do I remove it?

I've asked this same question repeatedly to no avail. I have two hhd's that are fake raided in windows, so they don't have a UUID either. I think the easiest solution for you is to do the install method that removes the system reserve partition.

I made it work.

First I went into Windows and renamed the partition to Win7. Went back to OSX and edited the fstab but that didn't work. So I googled a bit and read a few bits here and there -then I noticed that "Label" was spelled with large letters so I checked my fstab and sure enough it said "Label", so I changed it to "LABEL=Win7..." and rebooted.

I had the Volumes window open and I saw the Win7 still there, but after a second it disappeared! Rebooted again and, yes, now it works!!!

Stupid me...

Glad it's working !

I have created the fstab file to hide System Reserved + Untitled partitions (Windows 7).

Thanks for this amazing tip.

If i got it, the partitions are not mounted ? Is there a way to just hide a partition on the desktop ? But still available in finder windows ?

My 10.6 HDD have 2 partitions -> The OS and another for the media. I'd just like to see the OS partition on the desktop but not the media one. With finder pref it's all or nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

OK, so assuming anyone is still watching this thread they can help me. I am triple booting win7, osx, and ubu. With windows I have a pair of tera hdd in winraid. When I log into six I am greeted by three error messages, all saying the same thing. Giving me the option to initialize, eject, or cancel. OSX is picking up my 2 raided drives and my ubuntu, and not being able to read them asking what to do.

Here's where the bigger issue comes in.. The Ubuntu I got my UUID for, the winraid ones I can't find one. (Not even sure if there is one.) How do I go about getting rid of those error pop ups short of popping out the raid drives?

Hi HoochShepherd,

I've have the same problem... Do you have a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back