Contribute
Register

HenrikN's Build GIGABYTE H97N-WIFI, i5-4670K, XFX R9 280X

Status
Not open for further replies.
that fix didn't work for me.

I reverted to the old azul kext and was ok.

I gave the fix another try, just in case.
Didn't work... so I reverted again.

This time, I have an unbootable system. Screwed up something bad. Oh great... I need to re-install everything again? Not nice.

EDIT:
Got my drive back after some stressful hours.

And I reapplied the patch with Kext Wizard 2 and this time, it stuck! I have QE. Cool!

Hy!

I'm planning to build my first hackintosh using a h97m-d3h and an i5 4690. I don't think to use a graphic card in a first time. Did you finally got the IG fully working with the patch?:confused::?:

Hi HenrikN,

I have spent the last 2 days trying to get my H97N to boot OS X Mavericks.

Only difference is, I'm using on-board Intel 4600 graphics output to HDMI and my processor is 4570s.

I am able to install Mavericks and get a "install successful" comment at the end. But, when I reboot, going through Chimera and using the same boot flags as when I did the install, I get either a blank screen or the computer reboots itself (probable Kernal Panic).

I think I have the Bios Settings correct.
I have been using " -x -v PCIRootUID=1 ACPI=off GraphicsEnabler=No " (which worked for getting Snow Leopard installed and running with iBoot) and seems to work with getting Mavericks installed, but does not work with getting Mavericks to boot once it is installed.

I've read however, that AMI Bios should be PCIRootUID=0, and the GA-H97N-wifi has AMI Bios.

What boot flags did you use for booting from the Unibeast USB and for starting up Mavericks?

Thanks.

No, I haven't got that to work on the mac side, it only works in Windows for me.

Sincerely Henrik

Hi Henrik,

Did you have issues getting the XFX R9 280X to work on your computer? I'm thinking to buy one so I can have the mini displayports for 2 Apple Cinema Displays, but wanted to see if the card would work without a lot of hassle. Thanks!

Hi HenrikN,

I have spent the last 2 days trying to get my H97N to boot OS X Mavericks.

Only difference is, I'm using on-board Intel 4600 graphics output to HDMI and my processor is 4570s.

I am able to install Mavericks and get a "install successful" comment at the end. But, when I reboot, going through Chimera and using the same boot flags as when I did the install, I get either a blank screen or the computer reboots itself (probable Kernal Panic).

I think I have the Bios Settings correct.
I have been using " -x -v PCIRootUID=1 ACPI=off GraphicsEnabler=No " (which worked for getting Snow Leopard installed and running with iBoot) and seems to work with getting Mavericks installed, but does not work with getting Mavericks to boot once it is installed.

I've read however, that AMI Bios should be PCIRootUID=0, and the GA-H97N-wifi has AMI Bios.

What boot flags did you use for booting from the Unibeast USB and for starting up Mavericks?

Thanks.

Hi, Sorry for late reply, maybe you already got it working but if not, try to use maxmem=4096. It helped me to get it up and running.

Sincerely Henrik.

Hi Henrik,

Did you have issues getting the XFX R9 280X to work on your computer? I'm thinking to buy one so I can have the mini displayports for 2 Apple Cinema Displays, but wanted to see if the card would work without a lot of hassle. Thanks!

Apart from no audio from the HDMI cable everything is working without issues. At the moment I have two screens connected, one with HDMI and one with VGA. I did run in to some problems when trying to upgrade the card's BIOS, but after downgrading to the original one the issue was solved.

Sincerely Henrik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back