Contribute
Register

Helpful New Edit to iBoot + MultiBeast Method

Status
Not open for further replies.
im still stuck at the apple logo and spinning disk right after putting in the install dvd. ive tried all 3 commands: -v, -x, and PCIRootUID=1 using both iboot and iboot legacy with no luck :( if anyone has any more suggestions for me id love to try them. i was told that i might have a bad disk drive or bad disk but my drive still installs other os's and the disk is almost new.

Hi folks, bit of a noob myself but found that entering the busratio of my CPU is the only way I can boot with other distros. Check out your bus ratio or multiplier for your CPU (google) and enter it prior to booting with retail disk. Command syntax is: busratio=##

Mine is 15 but it has worked with 16 before too.

Another command I fling in is: arch=i386 and CPUS=1

Re this method though with iboot then retail disk I get nothing next to the windows boot logo ( I have easybsd set up) so can't even get to enter any boot commands. Tried the single layer DVD method that Tony blogged but it just hangs at the second screen ( after language selection, asking the location of the installer. I have since found out that the installer should have been left in the Packages folder along with the Asian languages and the speech one. Must have been another folder tree design that Tony was referring to and and apple have changed it's location.

Any ideas?

Update - a light bulb appeared above my head when i thought what would happen if I entered -v busratio=15 after ejecting iboot but before pressing f5 and low and behold my retail disk appeared to boot from. I entered it again before hitting enter and it's now going through it's long boot up process! Could still go pear shaped though!!

at1454 said:
im still stuck at the apple logo and spinning disk right after putting in the install dvd. ive tried all 3 commands: -v, -x, and PCIRootUID=1 using both iboot and iboot legacy with no luck :( if anyone has any more suggestions for me id love to try them. i was told that i might have a bad disk drive or bad disk but my drive still installs other os's and the disk is almost new.

@ at1454 and all the folks who are facing similar issue. try iBoot Legacy. It has support for a large number of unsupported hw. I faced the same issue and got through only using iBoot Legacy.

Cheers.

I have same problem. Bootloader works fine, Win7 boots fine but OSX either freezes or kp's.
Tried lots but still no luck.
Will u please keep me posted if anyone cracks this problem ? Pleeeease !

UPdate Edit:

Meanwhile ,after trying ca. 1032 different conbinations of boot-flags and terminal commands I got my
SL Retail unstaller to boot:

step 1.Follow all the steps in Tony's guide for I-boot/SL install but boot SL
with -x -v -f -x32 arch=i386
step 2.Write down the hang up/unexpected call/ unresolved PPID (Parent Process) etc by boot sector
step 3.Reassemble your build and boot Windows (or use other computer)
step 4.Clone your SL installer but re-assign the boot sectors (developer toolkit or x)
step 5.Disassemble your build and boot new DVD via I-boot/f5 -Lo ,it works-

If you do this in verbose too, you can then add the appropriate debug flags to the cmdline
and boot w your original SL retail.

So I got SL installer to boot and re-installed 10.6 clean, repaired the disk & permissions BUT:

-----------IT STILL WON'T BOOT !!!!!!------- :banghead:

hey i did

-x -v -f cpu=1 cpubusratio=23 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

and every thing looked like it was working then i got stuck here

IMAG0284.jpg

then i got stuck :(

please help....

:x I'm having the same problem, I can install 10.6.3 easily, But when I try to upgrade it want's to reboot. I install Multibeast and reboot and apple updates and it won't start all I get is a grey apple. I have tried different sinarios but it come's to 1 thing, I can't update.

fernyology said:
hey i did

-x -v -f cpu=1 cpubusratio=23 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes

and every thing looked like it was working then i got stuck here

(pic removed during quote)

then i got stuck :(

please help....

I got to the same point. Hardware: Intel Core i7 860 2.8GHz (quad) 1156; MSI Big Bang Trinergy P55+NF200; 500GB Seagate 7200RPM SATA3, 4GB 1333MHz ram (12GB removed), nVidia GeForce GTX 480, Blu-Ray optical drive SATA3.

I get to the same point:

MAC Framework successfully initialized
using 16384 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers
IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87
ACPI: System State [S0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)
PFM64 0xf10000000, 0xf0000000
[ PCI configuration begin ]
mbinit: done (64 MB memory set for mbuf pool)
FakeSMC: Opensource SMC device emulator by netkas (C) 2009
FakeSMC: Modified for plugins support by mozodojo (C) 2010 v3.0
FakeSMC: Idea of FakeSMC plugins and code sample by usr-sse2
FakeSMC: Thanks to slice for help with hardware support code and plugins
FakeSMCDevice: 17 keys added
PCI configuration changed (bridge-3 device-0 cardbus-0)
[PCI configuration end, bridges 11 devices 22 ]
From path: "uuid",
com.apple.AppleFSCompressionTypeZlib load succeeded
Waiting for boot volume with UUID CB66A6CF-2854-343C-B21A-7D4D2485030B
Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderCLass</key><string ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
[:init] RealtekRTL82xxx.kext v0.0.67 (c)2010 by Lnx2Mac ([email protected])
[:init] RealtekRTL81xxx.kext v0.0.67 (c)2010 by Lnx2Mac ([email protected])
FireWire runtime power conservation disabled. (2)
JMicronATA: JMB363 (CMD 0xd800, CTR 0xd480, IRQ 19, BM 0xd408)
JMicronATA: JMB363 (CMD 0xdc00, CTR 0xd880, IRQ 19, BM 0xd400)
JMicronATA: JMB363 (CMD 0xec00, CTR 0xe880, IRQ 19, BM 0xe400)
JMicronATA: JMB363 (CMD 0xe800, CTR 0xe480, IRQ 19, BM 0xe408)
FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 1106 ID 3403 PCI now active, GUID 0011066601a19ffe; max speed s400.
RealtekRTL81xxx.kext: NIC identified as RTL8168D/8111D (mcfg1=17)
RealtekRTL81xxx.kext: NIC identified as RTL8168D/8111D (mcfg1=17)
Still waiting for root device
Still waiting for root device

...and so on.
At this point, I'll assume it's because of the NF200 being part of the motherboard's chipset. This computer's a beast running Windows 7 64-bit on my 1TB Western Digital, but I wanted to try dual-boot using Seagate 500GB. Install won't run and I'm using iBoot (not the legacy). I'm using a purchased copy of OS X as this code from the bottom of the box can verify: MC209Z/A MAC BOX SET RETAIL V10.6 WVL 031210 4120005825
UPC Code: 8 - 85909-32716 - 4

Any advice, or should I just build a new low-budget PC to run this?

Boot failure solved.

BIOS didn't explicitly label the SATA controller mode. It was hidden under the RAID controller setting, so apparently I hadn't set my BIOS to AHCI mode. It was in IDE mode. Once I changed it, Snow Leopard installed fine with a nice big green check mark.

Lesson learned: Without AHCI, Snow Leopard won't boot, so FIND IT.

i have a little bit of a different problem.. i tried using iboot legacy and it goot me lets say almost to the instalation screen but the result was a message saying mac cannot be instaled on this pc. or something like that.. here is a pic.

[http://www.shrani.si/f/3d/kc/3nG5HRr4/imag0067.jpg]

i dont know what i did wrong.. i have ahci mode on, 1st boot device is the cd room.. the only thing that is interesting before the apple logo.. i get a message saying DMI eneteries full. Next will not be saved..

any suggestions on whats wrong?? the bios of my mother board is all fancy and its hard to find some things :)

my specs:

ASUS p8p67 le rev 3.0
intel core i5 2300
gigabyte nv 450GTS
4gb ram corsair
1,5 TB disk

***** Got it working.. didnt have the right SL dvd... so had to download a couple so i got one working... works now good :) lion here i come :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back