CPU
i7 6800k
Graphics
GTX 980ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I currently have a working hackintosh with Lion installed (didn't want to install mountain lion) but now that Mavericks is free i thought why not.

PC Specs are:
GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 F10
HD 6870
i7 2600k 3.4GHZ

I downloaded mavericks and used unibeast. but whenever i try to boot to the USB HDD it doesn't seem to detect it and just loads lion like it normally would.. no mavericks install option.

I'm really confused, i've tried different usb slots and changed bios to boot to USB HDD but still no difference.

Thanks!!

Hey thanks for the reply, i've tried re doing to the usb three time now still no luck.. it was the same stick i originally installed Lion with. when i turn the computer on i push f12 to boot from usb hdd and its like it does nothing and goes straight back into normal a normal boot.. weird..

You could try hitting "del" go into the bios and change your boot device to the USB...That is another option. I just did mine a couple of days and our systems are very similar.

-Art

I've tried changing the bios to usb boot but no luck.. maybe its my usb? I'll try one of my sd cards. do you know if my motherboard has problems with what usb port is used when booting??

Not that I know of. I used the same USB when I built this with Lion...So we both did the same thing. Only thing I have hooked up is the keyboard and wireless mouse to the USB. I think you are on the right track with trying a different USB/SD...

-Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back