Contribute
Register

Help with TP-Link WDN4800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely - I did notice it needed at least v2.8 IOPCIF so i did try the lazy route and changed the version markers in the plist files, it didn't break it, but it still made no difference either - lol ... Always worth a try though.

Did you repair permissions & rebuild cache?

Although if your IOPCIFamily is from prior to v2.8, then I wouldn't expect it to work. The dependency was probably set at v2.8 for a reason.

If i use vanilla IOPCIF then the computer slows to a crawl both on 10.9 or 10.10 versions,

I wasn't suggesting you do that. I was suggesting you use a "fixed" IOPCIFamily.kext that is built/modified from the same version of OS X that you're running.

Did you repair permissions & rebuild cache?

Yeah I did, but i am also a bit of a sod for forgetting to do it :)

Although if your IOPCIFamily is from prior to v2.8, then I wouldn't expect it to work. The dependency was probably set at v2.8 for a reason.

Makes perfectly good sense to me too (now)

I wasn't suggesting you do that. I was suggesting you use a "fixed" IOPCIFamily.kext that is built/modified from the same version of OS X that you're running.

That's the problem - Been too busy fighting with what i have, rather than what I need. Will have to see if i can find a Yosemite fixed version. The ML versions don't seem to fix my machine, but only tried two or three so far.

Thanks for the advice RehabMan - Appreciate it

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back