Contribute
Register

Help with patching DSDT's for HP Envy with i7 8550 U

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which part is incorrect? That is just one of the configs. I have been trying many different things. That the current one. I looked at the first couple of posts in that link. It seems to be the basics for creating a Clover installer

Your config.plist is not from the guide.

No, you did not.
Note no resolution in Graphics:
View attachment 346402
Please read the FAQ carefully and fill out your profile exactly as requested.

Your responsibility to do the patching yourself.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

I did. For some reason it only shows 2 posts up.

2018-08-15 12_34_17-Help with patching DSDT's for HP Envy with i7 8550 U _ tonymacx86.com.jpg

I did. For some reason it only shows 2 posts up.

Your Graphics profile data shows the same way (without screen resolution) in all posts in this thread.

I don't know what to tell you. It shows up here after refreshing the page.

I don't know what to tell you. It shows up here after refreshing the page.

It is now present. Thanks for fixing it.

It is now present. Thanks for fixing it.
No problem. Which part of the config.plist is incorrect? Chances are I had those 'correct' settings' in there at one point but kept trying different things against my better judgement to get it working. If I up the DSDT files could you look to see if they need patching? I am dumb at that and would hate to waste a week on it only to find out it never needed any in the first place. I would really appreciate it.

Anyway... Ill put them up here in case someone wants to look. I am pretty desperate.

Attachments

• origin.zip
    89 KB · Views: 58
Oh wait now I see the config.plists you are talking about. Is this the one? https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Cl...ster/config_HD615_620_630_640_650_spoof.plist

I am going to try that but I see a lot of the patches in there haven't been needed for a while. HDAS>HDEF and spoofing the CPU as a Skylake? Are you putting me on? What is the config.plist guide you are trying to show me because I must be looking at the wrong one.

Oh wait now I see the config.plists you are talking about. Is this the one? https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Cl...ster/config_HD615_620_630_640_650_spoof.plist

I am going to try that but I see a lot of the patches in there haven't been needed for a while. HDAS>HDEF and spoofing the CPU as a Skylake? Are you putting me on? What is the config.plist guide you are trying to show me because I must be looking at the wrong one.
or use the kabylake config.plist:
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/blob/master/config_HD615_620_630_640_650.plist

When I use that config.plist the option to boot from the USB installer is not present in the Clover boot loader.

I added these kexts

• USBInjectAll.kext
  • VoodooPS2Controller.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • Whatevergreen.kext
All the latest

Then tried spoofing the CPUID to a Kaby using these kexts

• USBInjectAll.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • Whatevergreen.kext
  • ACPIBatteryManager.kext
  • FakePCIID.kext
  • FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
  • FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

I am not sure what else to submit since I can not make it to the installer or using that config.plist can not even boot from USB.

Also there is still strangeness with adding 1920x1080 to my personal details that show up below my avatar. I added it and saved and when I posted this it was not showing up. I've since added it again. So if it disappears, I don't know what to tell you.

When I use that config.plist the option to boot from the USB installer is not present in the Clover boot loader.

I added these kexts

• USBInjectAll.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • Whatevergreen.kext
All the latest

Then tried spoofing the CPUID to a Kaby using these kexts

• USBInjectAll.kext
  • FakeSMC.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • Whatevergreen.kext
  • ACPIBatteryManager.kext
  • FakePCIID.kext
  • FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
  • FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext

I am not sure what else to submit since I can not make it to the installer or using that config.plist can not even boot from USB.

Also there is still strangeness with adding 1920x1080 to my personal details that show up below my avatar. I added it and saved and when I posted this it was not showing up. I've since added it again. So if it disappears, I don't know what to tell you.
you will need to upload your problem reporting files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back