i7-8550U
Graphics
GTX MX150 / HD 620, 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I created a 10.13.6 installer added Clover and used the latest 'usual kexts' and config.plist settings that would get a Coffee Lake and most other Intel based systems up and running (with slight changes).

I can not figure out which changes need to be made to the DSDT's I've read lots of posts here about it but it just isn't making sense to me.

Would someone be willing to take a look at the DSTD's from the Clover F4 dump and perhaps give some pointers or even make some edits. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Hello,

I created a 10.13.6 installer added Clover and used the latest 'usual kexts' and config.plist settings that would get a Coffee Lake and most other Intel based systems up and running (with slight changes).

I can not figure out which changes need to be made to the DSDT's I've read lots of posts here about it but it just isn't making sense to me.

Would someone be willing to take a look at the DSTD's from the Clover F4 dump and perhaps give some pointers or even make some edits. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Not a desktop. Moved to laptop support.

See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Also, please fix your profile as per FAQ:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I doubt there is need to do the DSDT patching at all. Patch through the config.plist and Clover. The CPU supports native PM, battery, sound and wifi works with Clover patches. Backlight too. Just adjust your config.plist to do the patches and you're done. Pretty straight forward.

I updated the hardware portion of the profile.

Your profile is still missing screen resolution.
Please read the FAQ request carefully.

I've looked over those patching guides but it's just not sinking in.

You will need to be more specific with your questions.

I doubt there is need to do the DSDT patching at all. Patch through the config.plist and Clover. The CPU supports native PM, battery, sound and wifi works with Clover patches. Backlight too. Just adjust your config.plist to do the patches and you're done. Pretty straight forward.

It dumps right after the ++++ I get a little text then crash. I have the config.plist set up like a Coffee Lake desktop with the usual patches. Is there some special clover patch for laptops?

Here is what the Clover settings look like. This is just one iteration. You may be wondering what WhateverGreen.kext is doing in there. The latest versions compiled have the intel, nvidia and AMD fixes in it. But I also tried IntelGraphicsFixup, and The DMVT fix up... I also tried specifying the RAM in a different iteration. It crashes really quickly after the Clover boot menu. If there is some way to find the error log I would post it.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 60
It dumps right after the ++++ I get a little text then crash. I have the config.plist set up like a Coffee Lake desktop with the usual patches. Is there some special clover patch for laptops?

Here is what the Clover settings look like. This is just one iteration. You may be wondering what WhateverGreen.kext is doing in there. The latest versions compiled have the intel, nvidia and AMD fixes in it. But I also tried IntelGraphicsFixup, and The DMVT fix up... I also tried specifying the RAM in a different iteration. It crashes really quickly after the Clover boot menu. If there is some way to find the error log I would post it.

Your config.plist is not correct.
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Your profile is still missing screen resolution.
Please read the FAQ request carefully.

You will need to be more specific with your questions.

I added the resolution. Specific question would be. If i post my config including the DSDT dump (Clover F4) will you look at it and make it work?

I added the resolution.

No, you did not.
Note no resolution in Graphics:
Screen Shot 2018-08-15 at 9.30.48 AM.png

Please read the FAQ carefully and fill out your profile exactly as requested.

Specific question would be. If i post my config including the DSDT dump (Clover F4) will you look at it and make it work?

Your responsibility to do the patching yourself.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back