Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Help with first Hackintosh - Stuck at Waiting on Root Device directly after afps_module_start:1279

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASROCK H110M-HDV
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
ASRock H110M-HDV
I7-6700
Geforce GTX960

Ive tried:

1) The default config from Unibeast at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/
2) Selecting the options for USB Ownership and USB injection in Clover Device Settings
3) Boot args: cpus=1 npci=x2000 -v -x UseKernelCache=No
4) Both usb 2.0 and 3.0 drives in both 3.0 and 2.0 ports (tried all possible ports including using an external usb hub)

ASRock H110M-HDV
I7-6700
Geforce GTX960

Ive tried:

1) The default config from Unibeast at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/
2) Selecting the options for USB Ownership and USB injection in Clover Device Settings
3) Boot args: cpus=1 npci=x2000 -v -x UseKernelCache=No
4) Both usb 2.0 and 3.0 drives in both 3.0 and 2.0 ports (tried all possible ports including using an external usb hub)

Hi there.

So are you saying you can't even boot your UniBeast installer drive?

Or is it that you can boot UniBeast and install High Sierra, but the problem appears later?

You say you use the "-v" verbose command-line option. Post a screengrab of the output.

What drive are you installing to? HDD or SSD etc.?

Basic practice is to make sure you use a USB2.0 port to install from. I'm assuming your UniBeast USB drive shows up as a boot device in the BIOS menu?

:)

Thanks for the help - I tried the usbinjectall kext this morning and placed it in the efi\kexts\other path and this resolved my installation issue. Previously, I could not get past the apfs_module_start line and then failed at "Waiting for Root Device".

I am now into post installation but any change I make in Multibeast renders the installation onbootable. The installation is working for basic functionality -web access, usb access, but graphics are flickering and attempting to get the GTX 960 drivers installed - 387.10.10.10.40.105 ends in stuck at registering updated devices.

After giving up on Multibeast and rebuilding the base install multiple times, I was able to install the Nvidia web driver from the link at https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers and edited the config.plist - steps below in case someone else is running into similar difficulty.
  1. Download Clover Configurator
  2. Open Clover Configurator
  3. Select Mount EFI under Tools
  4. Click Mount Partition for the EFI macOS is installed on
  5. Click Open Partition
  6. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER
  7. Open Config.Plist using Clover Configurator
  8. In Clover Select Boot under SECTIONS
  9. Uncheck nv_disable=1 if checked
  10. Check nvda_drv=1
  11. Select Graphics under SECTIONS
  12. Uncheck Inject Intel if checked