Contribute
Register

Help with BCM94352Z Wifi/BT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, some more info.

I went over steps 1, 2 & 7 multiple times - can't get more than 15 ports to show up. Link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-11-0-10-11-3-skylake-starter-guide.179221/

USBInjectAll.kext is in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11, EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12 & EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

my config.plist is attached also.

With what's working currently - this the port report.

Ports:

Rear:
USB 3 Type-A - working with USB 2.0 devices only
USB 3.1 Type-A - working with USB 2.0 & 3.0 devices (including 4 port 3.0 hub fully working)
USB 3.1 Type-C - can't test (no device)

Mobo headers:

First (Front):
1 USB 3.0 mobo header (2 external ports, 1 plug on mobo)
USB 3 (top) - working with USB 2.0 devices only
USB 3 (bottom) - not working with any usb devices

Second (internal) - hooked up to Corsair H100i v2 water cooling system. I can see this in IORegistryExplorer so it seems to be working.

You need the port limit patch.
The one you have attempted in your config.plist is not correct.

Also, the "Skylake APIC Fix", is not applicable to current macOS/OS X. Remove.

Ok, Awesome - thanks. I think I found the correct patch.. this is what i used:

Comment change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-series) 10.12
Find 83BD74FF FFFF10
Name AppleUSBXHCIPCI
Replace 83BD74FF FFFF1B

That worked, I made a custom SSDT and loaded that up and it works.

Note on that, the USB 3.1 Type A port on the back of the motherboard doesn't show up under XHC, it shows up under pci-bridge@2. I've got a USB 3.0 hub attached to that and it all works correctly with USB 2 & 3 with no modifications.

I just tried adding BrcmFirmwareData.kext & BcrmPatchRAM2.kext to S/L/E via Kext Utility and I'm getting the same crash at boot. :/

Note on that, the USB 3.1 Type A port on the back of the motherboard doesn't show up under XHC, it shows up under pci-bridge@2. I've got a USB 3.0 hub attached to that and it all works correctly with USB 2 & 3 with no modifications.

It means it is connected to a non-Intel xHCI controller.

I just tried adding BrcmFirmwareData.kext & BcrmPatchRAM2.kext to S/L/E via Kext Utility and I'm getting the same crash at boot. :/

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Ok,

Tried a few of those things. With the m.2 broadcom card installed and the kexts in S/L/E (non booting) I pushed F4 + F2 at clover boot screen, then booted. Boot failed. I let it reset, then i popped out the m.2 card and booted again (works) and zipped the EFI/CLOVER dir (minus themes). That's attached (EFI-CLOVER.zip).

With booting config (no m.2 card installed and kexts still in S/L/E) I ran kextstat & kextcache commands, exported IOReg (kextstats1.txt & hackintosh1.ioreg in debug-files.zip)

With booting config (m.2 card installed and BcrmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext removed from S/L/E) I ran kextstat & kextcache commands, exported IOReg (kextstats2.txt & hackintosh2.ioreg in debug-files.zip) Wifi works in this situation, but not BT from the m.2 card.

Note:
In hackintosh1.ioreg you'll see 1 bluetooth device connected (and working) it's the IOGEAR GBU521. I picked that up because I had to wait a few weeks for the m.2 card to be delivered from China, and my conventional KB/Mouse sucks. This is connected under HS01.
In hackintosh2.ioreg you'll see 2 bluetooth devices. The m.2 card is connected under HS13.

Could something from the IOGEAR BT dongle be messing this up?

Thanks for all the help!!

Attachments

• EFI-CLOVER.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 71
  • debug-files.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 56
Note on the IOGEAR BT dongle. I unplug that when booting/restarting because if I leave it plugged in, the system doesn't always recognize it correctly and the devices don't always work correctly. So I just plug that in at the login screen and it usually works correctly.

Ok,

Tried a few of those things. With the m.2 broadcom card installed and the kexts in S/L/E (non booting) I pushed F4 + F2 at clover boot screen, then booted. Boot failed. I let it reset, then i popped out the m.2 card and booted again (works) and zipped the EFI/CLOVER dir (minus themes). That's attached (EFI-CLOVER.zip).

With booting config (no m.2 card installed and kexts still in S/L/E) I ran kextstat & kextcache commands, exported IOReg (kextstats1.txt & hackintosh1.ioreg in debug-files.zip)

With booting config (m.2 card installed and BcrmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext removed from S/L/E) I ran kextstat & kextcache commands, exported IOReg (kextstats2.txt & hackintosh2.ioreg in debug-files.zip) Wifi works in this situation, but not BT from the m.2 card.

Note:
In hackintosh1.ioreg you'll see 1 bluetooth device connected (and working) it's the IOGEAR GBU521. I picked that up because I had to wait a few weeks for the m.2 card to be delivered from China, and my conventional KB/Mouse sucks. This is connected under HS01.
In hackintosh2.ioreg you'll see 2 bluetooth devices. The m.2 card is connected under HS13.

Could something from the IOGEAR BT dongle be messing this up?

Thanks for all the help!!

Wow. Extreme mess here. Too many kexts patched/damaged/etc.
You should start with a fresh install.
And it is not a good idea to use more than one BT device...

Ha, yeah that's probably a good call. Thanks for the help.

see below

Last edited:
Hi, i have a problem on Sierra 10.12.3 with my WiFi-Card (BCM94352Z). The card sees WiFi-Nets, but does not connect to them.

View media item 188986View media item 188987
- WiFi: FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext + 'fcvo' patch from the-darkvoid ---> IT DOES NOT HELP :(

I have also tried:
-on/off error-patches for the card
-Install MacOS 10.12.5

what could be the reason?

Last edited:
Installation of 10.12.2 has solved the problem, so i will stay on it for ever... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back