i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

I'm trying to follow toleda's guide to getting this Broadcom Wifi/BT module to work, but it's kind of confusing. I can follow some of it, but not all steps are clear and some of them don't work/are different.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.104850/

Has anyone gotten this module to work on 10.12.4/5? What do I need to do? The instructions don't match the repo files in some cases. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Hey guys,

I'm trying to follow toleda's guide to getting this Broadcom Wifi/BT module to work, but it's kind of confusing. I can follow some of it, but not all steps are clear and some of them don't work/are different.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.104850/

Has anyone gotten this module to work on 10.12.4/5? What do I need to do? The instructions don't match the repo files in some cases. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Requirements are simple:
- WiFi: FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext + 'fcvo' patch from the-darkvoid
- BT: BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext + "handoff" patch.

Requirements are simple:
- WiFi: FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext + 'fcvo' patch from the-darkvoid
- BT: BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext + "handoff" patch.

Awesome, that sounds much easier than what I was reading. I have tried that actually, I'm not clear on what the 'fcvo' patch is though. Do you have a link to it?

Thanks!

Wifi is now working, however when I install BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, my system won't boot. (I have to pull the card out to get it to boot)
Screenshot attached.

I'm not totally sure what this means.. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 11.01.20 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-17 at 11.01.20 AM.png
    7.2 MB · Views: 106
I'm having a really hard time getting the USBs all working correctly - do you know if there's an SSDT config that exists for the motherboard I have?

I'm having a really hard time getting the USBs all working correctly - do you know if there's an SSDT config that exists for the motherboard I have?

Problem is that each person might use the motherboard headers in different ways.
For example, one person might not use them at all, another might use a specific header for bluetooth, and still another may connect them to external ports on the case.
So... it is definitely not a one size fits sort of thing.
You have to customize the SSDT to fit your use of the ports.

No matter what I do, I can't get more than 15 USB entries to show up in IORegistryExplorer. This might have something to do with the issue..

Alright, some more info.

I went over steps 1, 2 & 7 multiple times - can't get more than 15 ports to show up. Link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-11-0-10-11-3-skylake-starter-guide.179221/

USBInjectAll.kext is in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11, EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.12 & EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

my config.plist is attached also.

With what's working currently - this the port report.

Ports:

Rear:
USB 3 Type-A - working with USB 2.0 devices only
USB 3.1 Type-A - working with USB 2.0 & 3.0 devices (including 4 port 3.0 hub fully working)
USB 3.1 Type-C - can't test (no device)

Mobo headers:

First (Front):
1 USB 3.0 mobo header (2 external ports, 1 plug on mobo)
USB 3 (top) - working with USB 2.0 devices only
USB 3 (bottom) - not working with any usb devices

Second (internal) - hooked up to Corsair H100i v2 water cooling system. I can see this in IORegistryExplorer so it seems to be working.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.2 KB · Views: 207
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back