Contribute
Register

Help with ALC892 on GA-P55-USB3

Status
Not open for further replies.
GA-P55-USB3 revision number is printed directly on the MOBO lower lefthand corner circuit board. See your manual. This will take precedence over any other ID.

Check the board itself, at the rear next to the expansion slots.

Thank you guys very much. Apparently I have rev.2 Now if only I can get my HDMI audio back!!! :problem:

Jammol said:
Thank you guys very much. Apparently I have rev.2 Now if only I can get my HDMI audio back!!! :problem:

Upgrade your BIOS to F8. Download this from the Gigabyte site here:

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product ... =3440#bios

Use Stuffit Expander (free) to extract from exe file downloaded. From the folder expanded, copy the file "p55usb3.f8" to a USB flash thumb drive. Then follow the instructions for upgrading BIOS exactly in your MOBO manual. See section 4-2-1 page 68. It's easy!

Then get the the latest DSDT for your MOBO, GA-P55-USB3 rev.2 F8, from here:

dsdt.php

Click "Choose your Motherboard" from the lower left and select your exact MOBO.

Now follow the Unified Realtek Onboard guide here:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/12/ ... audio.html

If you have questions -just ask!

Good luck.

Alsh said:
Ok, folks. Great news.
I find solution my problem on russian forum
Now Realtek ALC892 from GA motherboards works without any problems on x64 mode kernel, even with nVidia GT240
One user with nickname alkoguk, write hardware ID in to info.plist, voodoohda.kext
Now i have crystal clear sound on GREEN Audio OUT jack (Rear).

How exactly do you do this? I've tried using the kext you attached, but it didnt work for me, didn't even show any outputs or inputs. I tried using an older version of voodoohda in multibeast, and it seemed to work, but I got the hissing noise.

I tried copying the <array> section of your kext into the info.plist of the older one, but that yielded the same results as just using yours; no outputs.

BTW I have an evga x58 sli3 with an alc892. I also have the codec dump from linux, and I tried using the ID's of the ports from the dump in the kext, but that didnt work either.

Hi,

I have a GA-P55-USB3 and a 5770 ati with display port, 2 dvi and 1 hdmi. I would like to use the HDMI for the audio. Any idea about that?

Hi,

I'm just about to try my install on a rev 2.0 of this board. I was hoping to go for a 64 bit boot.

I must say, I'm a bit lost with this thread. Is the new unified Realtek audio driver the best one to choose, or the Voodoo one?

Is it true that 64 bit boots will not give functioning audio? Or is that old news?

where can i find the hardware ID? and where in the info.plist do i put it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back