Graphics
Nvidia GTX 460 1GB
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi. I can't get my onboard sound to work at all. I've tired Voodoo HDA releases with no luck, voodoo experimental with results but with a horrible hissing noise, and the Legacy888 kexts in MultiBeast. Gigabyte list my board as having the ALC888 but in fact rev. 2 of the board includes ALC892. I'm thinking I'm either going to have to find a PCI and/or PCIE card that works or a USB solution. Anyone out there with similar sound hardware? Did you get yours to work? How so? Thanks.

jjcisn82 said:
Hi. I can't get my onboard sound to work at all. I've tired Voodoo HDA releases with no luck, voodoo experimental with results but with a horrible hissing noise, and the Legacy888 kexts in MultiBeast. Gigabyte list my board as having the ALC888 but in fact rev. 2 of the board includes ALC892. I'm thinking I'm either going to have to find a PCI and/or PCIE card that works or a USB solution. Anyone out there with similar sound hardware? Did you get yours to work? How so? Thanks.

ALC 892 needs VoodooHDA 0.2.56 for now- but it works extremely well, and could be the permanent solution. First, remove any LegacyHDA, VoodooHDA, or HDAEnabler. Then install using MultiBeast.

There is also a strange bug with this version of the driver, which causes Kernel Panic on 1st shutdown. Just manually reset the computer.

If that doesn't work, you may need to remove the HDEF section from your DSDT. Or at least remove the section with codec ID, as the new rev 2.0 using the 892 aren't specified in the DSDT Database. The edits are for the earlier models.

Thanks Tony. I couldn't get it to work so I did a clean install and started over. It worked this time. Now I have sound and ethernet in 64 bit, thank you so much.

I have the same board as you and it's rev.2 but I have ALC888 on mine. Which is very weird. I've been trying to get AppleHDA to work my hdmi audio but no luck with it yet. I can only get VoodooHDA to work but hate the white noise in the background. Any ideas?

Jay.

Hey voodoo isn't working for me at all, I can see my jacks under about this Mac but when I go to system prefs and sounds nothingness there, I got the same boar as him, really want this fixed

Brownster said:
Hey voodoo isn't working for me at all, I can see my jacks under about this Mac but when I go to system prefs and sounds nothingness there, I got the same boar as him, really want this fixed
Do you have a Rev 2.0 board and are you using the DSDT from the database?

If so, there is a new version of the DSDT in the database for this configuration.

Yea my board is rev .2, I grabbed the f9 for my board dsdt and no sound then I tried the voodoo still no go then I tried the 888 still nothing, what else can we do or am I doing something wrong? I reinstalled snow then uses multi beast it with the dsdt for rev 2 then restated and no sound BUT when I go about my Mac and look under audio all my jack show up but when I o to sounds under prefs audio there isnothibg under turners for in or out... What amni doing wrong?

It took me a while to locate the culprit - voodooHDA 0.2.56 causes my OS to crash. I get the following message in the middle of installing the kext:

"You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button until it turns off, then press the Power button again."

After that, I can no longer boot into OSX. This will be my third time starting from scratch (have to erase drive and start over).

Can someone at least tell me how to boot into OS X without having to wipe the drive and start from step 1 again!!!!

Per tonymacx86:
There is also a strange bug with this version of the driver, which causes Kernel Panic on 1st shutdown. Just manually reset the computer. If that doesn't work, you may need to remove the HDEF section from your DSDT. Or at least remove the section with codec ID, as the new rev 2.0 using the 892 aren't specified in the DSDT Database. The edits are for the earlier models.

Not sure what all that means but I never make it to a 1st shutdown - help!

Works with my box:
GA-P55-USB3 Rev 2.0 Bios F8
10.6.4 (10F569)
using 10.4 Vanilla Kernel & Tony's iBoot + multibeast method w/ DSDT.

Remove all HDA kexts (applehda, voodoo, etc)

Install via Easy Install in Kext Helper:
VoodooHDA.kext.0.2.62-10.6.zip

5.1 works via analog jacks. I don't have any digital speakers so I can't try them. Front headphone works. Mic works, too.

I'm stoked. I couldn't find this info for the longest time, found this thread and decided to post my solution. Let me know if it works for you.

*Edit* Works with PrefPane from VoodooHDA 0.2.2

Trackology -- when the bootloader screen (not the real apple logo) appears, hit a key to get a boot prompt. type -s -x -v and see if that works. Remove the kext, use Kext Utility to rebuild the cache, and reboot.

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.kext.0.2.62-10.6.zip
    151.2 KB · Views: 230
Installed VoodooHDA 0.2.56 via Multibeast. Now at least have sound but only accessible via the headphone port, not the rear (on board) green port. Installed the prefpane to see it this would open it up but it did not.

Any thoughts?

Also, I saw that someone uploaded the DSDT for F11 on this board, any chance that this would help in solving this?

Note: Tried VoodooHDA 0.2.62 but lead to no sound and just fuzz out of the speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back