Contribute
Register

HELP! Snow Leopard installation DVD can't see my hard drive.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I boot with iBoot, put in the Snow Leopard disc, choose English, then in Utilities I ONLY see the Installation DVD & NO hard drive. The hard drive is brand new, nothing on it, never been used or even touched before I put it in this system. I can see it in the BIOS, but the installation doesn't see it.

Any advice?

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7 Rev.1 BIOS F7
CPU
Intel Xeon W3670
Graphics
RX580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
iMac
Make sure the SATA port mode is set to AHCI in BIOS.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
When I do that, it never makes it to the where I chose a language. I get a "NOT" thingy (a circle with a line through it) right above the Apple & it never goes passed that.

Jamesbond007

Motherboard
Z390 Designare
CPU
i7 9700KF
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
bamim2 said:
When I do that, it never makes it to the where I chose a language. I get a "NOT" thingy (a circle with a line through it) right above the Apple & it never goes passed that.
Are you using integrated graphics? If so, you have a problem. The integrated graphics is not supported under Snow Leopard. Please add a supported graphics card such as a Nvidia GT210/GT220/GT240.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
First of all THANK YOU for the help. Now, down to business...
I'm going to start by asking a dumb question, sorry. I have an NVidia GeForce 210. I put that in my system & got the same result. The question is would that be the same as the Nvidia GT210? Or are those different cards? I'm looking on line, but can't really find a definitive answer.