Contribute
Register

HELP! Snow Leopard installation DVD can't see my hard drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I boot with iBoot, put in the Snow Leopard disc, choose English, then in Utilities I ONLY see the Installation DVD & NO hard drive. The hard drive is brand new, nothing on it, never been used or even touched before I put it in this system. I can see it in the BIOS, but the installation doesn't see it.

Any advice?

Make sure the SATA port mode is set to AHCI in BIOS.

When I do that, it never makes it to the where I chose a language. I get a "NOT" thingy (a circle with a line through it) right above the Apple & it never goes passed that.

bamim2 said:
When I do that, it never makes it to the where I chose a language. I get a "NOT" thingy (a circle with a line through it) right above the Apple & it never goes passed that.

Are you using integrated graphics? If so, you have a problem. The integrated graphics is not supported under Snow Leopard. Please add a supported graphics card such as a Nvidia GT210/GT220/GT240.

First of all THANK YOU for the help. Now, down to business...
I'm going to start by asking a dumb question, sorry. I have an NVidia GeForce 210. I put that in my system & got the same result. The question is would that be the same as the Nvidia GT210? Or are those different cards? I'm looking on line, but can't really find a definitive answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back