Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Last few years I was always handling Hacktintosh problems myself (using all knowledge from the internet), but I'm stuck and I need your help/instructions.

My PC configuration:
• Intel Core i5 4670K Boxed
• Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
o Realtek ALC892 audio chip
• SSD Intenso 2.5" 120GB
• Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 570 4GD5

Last week I decided to update from Catalina 10.15.0 to 10.15.1. Then I got the famous black screen (but still was able to login via Teamviewer) so I tried everything to fix it (with or without whatevergreen/Lilu, different versions and combinations, using several boot args etc.). Nothing worked, so I decided to remove my SSD, hook it up to a real Mac, and format that thing to APFS removing everything on it to have a fresh start.

Now, I created fresh USB sticks with Catalina 10.15.1 using Clover_v2.5k_r5098.pkg. Placed kext files in the mounted EFI, folder ‘Other’.
I unplugged every USB (except mouse and keyboard) and all SATA and Windows SSD drives.
I resetted my Cmos (bios) removing the battery and load optimal defaults and configured it same as I did before when it was working.

Now when I try to boot from the prepared USB it boots into clover, the entries are empty, so no USB to select to enter the installation process. What am I doing wrong? I also prepared a USB with an older clover version, but that doesn’t do anything at all (r5078).

Some more specific questions:
- Can someone provide me instructions how to successfully create a Install USB with 10.15.1 based on the above specs? I always prepare a USB with the following Terminal command.

Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app --nointeraction

If I solve this, I guess this opens up the installation and configuration to get my hackintosh ready. After that;

- Post-Installation instructions when successfully installed.

I finally was able to install and configure Catalina. After that I installed Clover 5097, mounted efi with Clover Configurator and copied kext files to ‘Other’. Then I rebooted and again I got the damn black screen. Now what?

You need to update to Whatevergreen 1.3.4. this should fix the black screen.

Try boot arg. agdpmod=pikera

It works!

Ok, so the weirdest thing happened. I'm 100% sure I added my kext files. Seems that somehow they got deleted from the 'Other' folder. I hooked the SSD to my real Mac and copied them in again. Now with the settings Inject Ati and without agdpmod=pikera and with WEG (1.3.4 of course) it works. I'm going to back this sh!t up before it fails again :) . Im so happy. I'm not going to close this topic for the next few days just to make sure it's been solved. I will keep you up to date.

So far, so good. The only thing is, I don't have any sound output (only via my AOC display). My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 with the Realtek ALC892 audio chip. See in the screenshots the kext file.
I also followed this guide which worked for me before actually, but now it doesn't:

Any advice?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 12.45.59.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 12.45.59.png
    96.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 12.46.42.png
    Screenshot 2019-11-07 at 12.46.42.png
    66.7 KB · Views: 105
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back