Contribute
Register

Help Setting up Samsung 960 Evo NVMe with RehabMan Patcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed the procedure here, but no luck getting my drive to appear in disk utility. I obtained IONVMeFamily.kext, and tried to install it, but it didn't appear in my extensions folder prior to running the RehabMan patch. I wonder if that means anything.

Please help.

Last edited:
I followed the procedure here, but no luck getting my drive to appear in disk utility. I obtained IONVMeFamily.kext, and tried to install it, but it didn't appear in my extensions folder prior to running the RehabMan patch. I wonder if that means anything.

Please help.

IONVMeFamily.kext is installed by the macOS/OS X installer.
Run the macOS/OS X installer if you removed or overwrote it.

Thanks for helping!

I tried running the installer from the OS. It gets stuck at 17 seconds remaining. Do you think I need to reinstall the OS from scratch via USB again? I'm concerned that won't fix it, because in my previous install attempt (that ended in KP), I did not have the nvme kext file in my extensions folder either.

How do you know it was stuck?
I was being dense. I thought it was stuck because I saw no change for a while, but I tried again and the installer finished. I still don't see IONVMeFamily.kext in extensions, however.

I'll read this and see what I missed. Thank you.
Edit: is it possible to find the ACPI path without Windows installed on the target? Currently seeking alternatives.

Last edited:
I was being dense. I thought it was stuck because I saw no change for a while, but I tried again and the installer finished. I still don't see IONVMeFamily.kext in extensions, however.

Assuming you have a version of OS X/macOS that supports NVMe, IONVMeFamily.kexts is installed to /System/Library/Extensions.

Edit: is it possible to find the ACPI path without Windows installed on the target? Currently seeking alternatives.

It can be gleaned from ioreg.

IONVMeFamily.kext is in fact in my extensions, I was trying to view it in the finder instead of the terminal... Please forgive my ignorance; learning as I go here.

If you have insight on the ioreg command that would yield the ACPI path for the NVMe controller, I'd appreciate it. If you know off the top of your head... I'll likely be getting Windows 10 soon, anyway.

Thanks for all your help!

IONVMeFamily.kext is in fact in my extensions, I was trying to view it in the finder instead of the terminal... Please forgive my ignorance; learning as I go here.

If you have insight on the ioreg command that would yield the ACPI path for the NVMe controller, I'd appreciate it. If you know off the top of your head... I'll likely be getting Windows 10 soon, anyway.

Thanks for all your help!

Attach your ioreg and I'll show you.
ttp://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Thanks! Here you go.

It is at _SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX.
You can see the device in the IOService plane:
Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 2.48.35 PM.png

And you can see the raw ACPI tree that corresponds in IOACPIPlane:
Screen Shot 2017-09-23 at 2.50.40 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back