Graphics
2 Gb AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M AND Intel HD4000 1366x768
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi Guys, I have a Notebook Samsung Ativ Book 6 (ref NP670Z5E-XD1BR) Intel" Core i5 3º generation - 8GB 2GB AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M Graphics (PowerExpress).

I installed the Mavericks and after install the OS x Mav the instalation ask to restart (countdown some seconds and restart. The instalation Dont go to the configuration acount, preferences and so on (like i saw in vídeo tutorials and install guides)....
But When the OS start sunddenly gets a (Panic screen), so i tryed Input GraphicsEnabler=no and gets panic screen again, so i research and i put GraphicsEnabler=no UseKernelCache=no -v and start run s black screen loading and stops in some code about Bluetooth and dont go anyway. If i put the boot flag without -v i got the apple loading screen forever...
I trayed to reinstall and it Always the same...
Please help me i am Reading a lot but i couldnt find a solution...
Sorry my English....
ty

Hi Guys, I have a Notebook Samsung Ativ Book 6 (ref NP670Z5E-XD1BR) Intel" Core i5 3º generation - 8GB 2GB AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M Graphics (PowerExpress).

I installed the Mavericks and after install the OS x Mav the instalation ask to restart (countdown some seconds and restart. The instalation Dont go to the configuration acount, preferences and so on (like i saw in vídeo tutorials and install guides)....
But When the OS start sunddenly gets a (Panic screen), so i tryed Input GraphicsEnabler=no and gets panic screen again, so i research and i put GraphicsEnabler=no UseKernelCache=no -v and start run s black screen loading and stops in some code about Bluetooth and dont go anyway. If i put the boot flag without -v i got the apple loading screen forever...
Sorry my English....
ty
Since you are getting an instant kernel panic I suggest you check your bios settings some of these machines will reset to defaults after booting with the USB unibeast drive and installing try that along with the boot flag -x -v GraphicEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 and post back with a screen shot of the last six or seven lines if it doesn't boot up for further assistance
additioly please put you system info I you profile so it will appear in every post
example
system toshiba a505-s6005
cpu i3 330m/HM55
gpu HD4600/1980x1024
additionally you will have to disable the discrete graphics in the bios settings as OS X will not support it because real MacBook have a special switching mechanism to choose between the graphics card and the integrated graphics which PCs simply don't have so it will not be useable and could also be causing the kernel panic

Sorry my English....
ty

Post a quality photo of the entire screen.

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Sorry Delay to reply but I got some issues... but I could install Mavericks but just using the boot flag -x -v GraphicEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1. The problem now that I only can "login" using that boot flag in safe mode. I tried without -x (safe mode) and I got kernel panic. In the safe mode I cant access a pen drive or external hd to install multibeast... Sorry guys if I miss something but how can I proceed.. thanks a lot in a mean time.

Sorry Delay to reply but I got some issues... but I could install Mavericks but just using the boot flag -x -v GraphicEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1. The problem now that I only can "login" using that boot flag in safe mode. I tried without -x (safe mode) and I got kernel panic. In the safe mode I cant access a pen drive or external hd to install multibeast... Sorry guys if I miss something but how can I proceed.. thanks a lot in a mean time.

Does your laptop have only AMD graphics or does it also have Intel HD4000? Please verify.

Hi. it has booth of them!! thanks!!

Hi. it has booth of them!! thanks!!

Remove Radeon kexts (ATI*, AMD*).

Then boot with flags:
IGPlatformID=01660003 IGPEnabler=Y GraphicsEnabler=N dart=0 -f UseKernelCache=N -v

Sorry my dumbness lol... but how can I proceed to remove Radeon kexts (ATI*, AMD*)... thanks for help and patience...

Hi.. i did a little research and i found how remove the kext.. i dont know if is right but it is what i did.. I found the diretory /System/Library/Extensions and i deleted the files with AMD...kext and ATI...kext.
So i reboot and i used the flags u said... so o got stucked in a screen that i shot and it´s attached (i hope u can see well).
So i only could started again using the flags before -x -v GraphicEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 in safe mode.

PS: Before i delete the kext files was pouping up some msgs... System extensions cannot be used... IONetworkingfamily.kext/ contente/plug-ins/ AppleUSBEthernet.kext and a lot of others (about 8 msgs changing only the .kext file name in the end...) and after i delete the kext files and loging in using the flags as i said before (-x -v GraphicEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 in safe mode) was pouping ut too i just hit OK.
thanks for now...

Attachments

• IMG_20140409031638.jpg
    IMG_20140409031638.jpg
    909.8 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_20140409031849.jpg
    IMG_20140409031849.jpg
    532 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_20140409031902.jpg
    IMG_20140409031902.jpg
    539.6 KB · Views: 330
Hi.. i did a little research and i found how remove the kext.. i dont know if is right but it is what i did.. I found the diretory /System/Library/Extensions and i deleted the files with AMD...kext and ATI...kext.
So i reboot and i used the flags u said... so o got stucked in a screen that i shot and it´s attached (i hope u can see well).
So i only could started again using the flags before -x -v GraphicEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 in safe mode.

PS: Before i delete the kext files was pouping up some msgs... System extensions cannot be used... IONetworkingfamily.kext/ contente/plug-ins/ AppleUSBEthernet.kext and a lot of others (about 8 msgs changing only the .kext file name in the end...) and after i delete the kext files and loging in using the flags as i said before (-x -v GraphicEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 in safe mode) was pouping ut too i just hit OK.
thanks for now...

My suggestion: start over with a fresh install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back