Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth z87
CPU
i7 4770k
Graphics
RX 580
Sup guys, this is my first post, my first hackintosh and I need a little help to make it tight and ready to go.

First of all, let me share my build:

- Sabertooth z87

- Core i7 4770k

- Water cooler h100i

- 16gb ram corsair vengeance 1866 ddr3

- Power supply corsair gs700 copper series

- Radeon R9 280x2 iceq (2x display port, 1x hdmi, 1x dvi)

- 2x ssd Kingston A400 240gb (one for windows and one for Mac)

- 2x seagate barracuda 2tb (backups)

I started with this installation guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/

- Did some adjustments in the bios, created the installation stick with Unibeast and used multibeast.

My first issue was with my onboard ethernet. After the Mojave installation, before the multibeast, it was working right, the system was identifying it as a Intel I217V. Then I started to install some kexts to try to fix other issues and the ethernet stopped. To make it working again I had to install IntelAppleE1000e kext but now the system identify it as a generic card and it stop working after sleep.

After this episode I installed other kexts to try to fix other issues but it is still working not well.

This is my list of problems:

- ethernet generic card;

- water cooler are not working well;

- onboard audio still not working;

- no sound on intel graphics;

- Radeon only works in DisplayPort (sound and image), no cdmi and dvi.

- At HWmonitor my ssd says 0% life remaining (I bought this ssd yesterday to make this project happens, lol!).

This is the problems that I know, but maybe there are more.

"Pic_1-Hackintosh_Kexts" is the list of the drivers that I installed and Im sharing my X.plist just to make easier to help me. lol.

Can anyone help me? Plz! I will be eternally thankful.

Thanks all for your attention and I hope you all have a great Saturday!

My bests, mMagna!

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 238
  • Pic_1-Hackintosh_Kexts.png
    Pic_1-Hackintosh_Kexts.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 348
Sup guys, this is my first post, my first hackintosh and I need a little help to make it tight and ready to go.

- Sabertooth z87

- Core i7 4770k

- Water cooler h100i

I started with this installation guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/

- Did some adjustments in the bios, created the installation stick with Unibeast and used multibeast.

My first issue was with my onboard ethernet. After the Mojave installation, before the multibeast, it was working right, the system was identifying it as a Intel I217V. Then I started to install some kexts to try to fix other issues and the ethernet stopped. To make it working again I had to install IntelAppleE1000e kext but now the system identify it as a generic card and it stop working after sleep.

After this episode I installed other kexts to try to fix other issues but it is still working not well.

- ethernet generic card;

- At HWmonitor my ssd says 0% life remaining (I bought this ssd yesterday to make this project happens, lol!).

"Pic_1-Hackintosh_Kexts" is the list of the drivers that I installed and Im sharing my X.plist just to make easier to help me. lol.

My bests, mMagna!
Hi, mMagna,
It's going on 3 months since you posted this, but if you still need help let me know. My system is very similar, and I can likely help you.Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 3.25.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-27 at 3.26.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-27 at 3.26.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-27 at 3.28.37 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 3.29.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 3.29.08 PM.png
    222.2 KB · Views: 219
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 3.30.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 3.30.20 PM.png
    197.8 KB · Views: 211
  • Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 3.30.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-27 at 3.30.52 PM.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 210
@mmagna
Based on pic_1 I see several issues. You should choose a system definition closer to your build, not iMac 18,3. iMac 14,2 would usually be recommended to you, but I use iMac 15,1, and it should be fine. Under "Guides" > "iMessage" above use "An Idiot's Guide to iMessage" which will help you set up your system properly (SMBIOS), including a working unique Apple SN. If you haven't already downloaded the app Clover Configurator, download the latest version now. I use VoodooHDA kext for sound, which is simpler. Make sure your monitor is connected to the card in the first, main PCIE slot. Other than "downloads" above, one main source of good, stable kexts is RehabMan's bitbucket. Always use the latest kexts and drivers, the latest MultiBeast, and the latest Clover, or pre-built Clover above.

Cooling is handled by your motherboard (and might be fiddled with in UEFI (BIOS) or in Windows), but make sure that all your fans are working and especially the most important fan connection on the motherboard, the "CPU Fan." The 4770K is a hot chip and you do need AIO liquid cooling. But I had the H100i, and I had to replace it with a Corsair cooler without the flipping iLink--in any case do not use iLink connected to your USB etc.--so unnecessary. It works fine without it. Just make sure that the fan connection to the H100i's two fans is plugged into the "CPU Fan" header and no where else. With my H75, I am stable at 4.3 GHz overclock.

In case you're not familiar, you can boot two ways. (1) you can boot through your "Install macOS Mojave" flash drive itself, or (2) directly from your macOS installed drive, particularly if that is your only drive. The macOS uses EFI well, and both the flash drive and the Mac drive have an invisible EFI partition. UniBeast and Clover itself install this EFI partition and files on the flash drive, and macOS Install installs it on your Mac disk. You can best access EFI partitions with Clover Configurator> Mount EFI. You will find all you need in the Clover folder in EFI. Kexts go into Kexts>Other and your "Drivers" folders for drivers--on your flash drive. Obviously your config.plist is located there. This plist can be "dropped" onto your CC icon to be opened up visually and modified directly in Clover Configurator. Kexts on your main macOS drive (not flash drive) should be placed in your [your disk]>Library>Extensions ("LE"). They should never be placed in [your disk]> System>Library>Extensions ("SLE"). On the same main macOS disk (not flash drive) they can (should) be placed in this disk's EFI partition in the Clover>kexts>other folder. Some people leave Hackintosh kexts out of even LE, but more say it's important to have them there. From the main disk's EFI or your flash drive they would be injected, and some argue that's not ideal. I've never had a problem with it. Your HIS R9 280X will be identified as a 7970 by macOS so don't sweat it. You can change it manually, google it, if you care.

You have two in crossfire? Either one or two, consider getting a Radeon RX580 on sale. Even two R9 280X's are slower than the RX 580. In case you don't know, Apple killed NVIDIA support in Mojave--so it's AMD only unless you want to back up to High Sierra (don't).

- Sabertooth z87

- Core i7 4770k

- Water cooler h100i

- ethernet generic card;

My bests, mMagna!
Hope that helps. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Cheers,
Ironwood

Sup, @ironwood! Thx for your reply!

I did some tests and I fixed alot of things.
I bought a new rx 580. All my audio connections are working (lilu+what+some ajust on clover configurator). I fixed iMsg and Facetime changing my smbios to a MACPRO 5,1. Installed kexts for my sata controles ASmedia. The watercooler i fixed using windows on dual boot. For ethernet voodoo on it!

Everything seems to be fine but I have a new problem.

In both gpus, R9 280x and RX 580, Im getting some pink lines on the apple boot logo and I dont realy know what to do.

Have you every heard about something like that?

Your config is much more complex than mine! =O
Why Its looks working so fine without so many setups?

Attachments

• pink_Lines.jpg
    pink_Lines.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 175
  • config.plist
    7.3 KB · Views: 163
  • kexts1.png
    kexts1.png
    219.5 KB · Views: 174
  • kexts2.png
    kexts2.png
    135.4 KB · Views: 171
Sup, @ironwood! Thx for your reply!

I did some tests and I fixed alot of things.
I bought a new rx 580. All my audio connections are working (lilu+what+some ajust on clover configurator). I fixed iMsg and Facetime changing my smbios to a MACPRO 5,1. Installed kexts for my sata controles ASmedia. The watercooler i fixed using windows on dual boot. For ethernet voodoo on it!

Everything seems to be fine but I have a new problem.

In both gpus, R9 280x and RX 580, Im getting some pink lines on the apple boot logo and I dont realy know what to do.

Have you every heard about something like that?

Your config is much more complex than mine! =O
Why Its looks working so fine without so many setups?
Hi mMagna,

I have those lines too. A number of people have mentioned them since the very start (#6) of the 10.14.5 update , but I see it as a harmless quirk that might disappear in 10.14.6. Looks like you've done great!

Cheers,

Ironwood

Sup, @ironwood!

It seems good but after I see your config Im a little worry. My config.plist looks much more clean. My mac still a little bit slow. I can fill that its not using all its capacity but i dont know what to do and what this configs in your clover means and if anything can help me. =(

Sup, @ironwood!

It seems good but after I see your config Im a little worry. My config.plist looks much more clean. My mac still a little bit slow. I can fill that its not using all its capacity but i dont know what to do and what this configs in your clover means and if anything can help me. =(

Hey, mMagna

I'm sure you're fine. If you want to try a version of what I show in the pictures, you could use your install flash drive to boot from. Save the entire EFI file that shows up in CC for the disk you boot from--just drag it to your desktop--then you can open the flash drive EFI--put in what you have now, if you haven't--and then use Clover Configurator to add or change to what I have after you've acquired the latest kexts, etc. (You could update the drivers by using the most recent Clover download to update the Clover install on your flash drive, adding drivers at the same time, if you want. That gets the Clover and drivers updated.)

To boot from the flash drive, of course, you restart and enter the boot manager by pressing the proper key after POST (on mine it's F12). Your flash drive will show up in the list. If you are using an UEFI install, which is likely, you must choose the UEFI version if the flash drive in the list (not the legacy).

Definitely boot into Windows and use that you sort out issues. Also you can relay pics of benchmarks on Mojave and I'll take a look.

Basically, if your system is stable and Mojave is very usable, you have succeeded. Cheers.

@ironwood Can u share with me yours kexts, drivers and list of patchs?

@ironwood Can u share with me yours kexts, drivers and list of patchs?
Here you go, mmagna
Screen Shot 2019-07-26 at 3.30.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-26 at 3.32.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-26 at 3.33.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-26 at 3.36.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-26 at 3.36.26 PM.png
I believe putting the drivers into the "drivers64" isn't necessary, but doesn't hurt. I get latest drivers by installing a recent version of Clover to a USB flash drive, then opening up its EFI folder and pulling out the drivers I want. The very latest version of Clover has made changes; see
#87. HFSPlus is the Apple version. May be in downloads here or google for it, check Rehabman's bitbucket.
I updated to 10.14.6 using combo updater and all is fine. I used same "EFI" folder with its older elements and Clover.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back