Contribute
Register

Help required for Successful Clean Installation of High Sierra On GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK | i5 4570

Status
Not open for further replies.
Able to install High Sierra but not able to get the boot loader installed on APFS and when I remove the boot media getting the error while booting the system please help

I am able to fix the above issue all you have to do is to delete all the UEFI entries or reset the BIOs or Flush the bios and after that if there and other boot loader for windows operation system installed you have to delete that through clover shell

BCFG boot dump will show you the list of UEFI boot list and you have to remove the UEFI entry one by one that is not required and command for that is BCFG RM XX (option number)
That will display on the BCFG dump list

Or Else you can try to flush the BIos after doing above steps and than try to install the OSX it will work for you

Let me know if you get past this one - I am stuck on the same error.

I am able to fix the above issue all you have to do is to delete all the UEFI entries or reset the BIOs or Flush the bios and after that if there and other boot loader for windows operation system installed you have to delete that through clover shell

BCFG boot dump will show you the list of UEFI boot list and you have to remove the UEFI entry one by one that is not required and command for that is BCFG RM XX (option number)
That will display on the BCFG dump list

Or Else you can try to flush the BIos after doing above steps and than try to install the OSX it will work for you

Still required help from team for getting the boot loader working for me as I am getting and error boot and select a proper boot device.

I can only boot through installer USB not from my internal SSd

Seems to me you haven’t either installed clover to the ssd drive or you don’t have apfs.efi in the /efi/clover/drivers64UEFI

So start from scratch and reinstall clover to the ssd them mount the efi of the ssd and move all you needed files from your usb over to it in their respective locations

I am suspecting that as well that Clover is not getting installed on your SSD drive. Just to reconfirm, you are checking the first 2 options when installing Clover, correct? Can you attach your EFI folder (without Themes folder)?

Seems to me you haven’t either installed clover to the ssd drive or you don’t have apfs.efi in the /efi/clover/drivers64UEFI

So start from scratch and reinstall clover to the ssd them mount the efi of the ssd and move all you needed files from your usb over to it in their respective locations

Thanks for replying back would like to know one more things do I have to install clover first on Installer USB or SsD that I am going to use for installation.

Cause once I start the installation with the usb I have to erase the partition and install the OSc on that so please clarify

Yes you a
I am suspecting that as well that Clover is not getting installed on your SSD drive. Just to reconfirm, you are checking the first 2 options when installing Clover, correct? Can you attach your EFI folder (without Themes folder)?

Yes you are correct I am checking the first two option while installing clover. Will. Share the required information again as I am going to install the OSX from scratch please let me know one more things do I have to install clover to Installation USB or ssD that is bit confusing as I had gone through so many post everyone is installing it on USB not or SSd

Thanks for replying back would like to know one more things do I have to install clover first on Installer USB or SsD that I am going to use for installation.

Cause once I start the installation with the usb I have to erase the partition and install the OSc on that so please clarify

I don’t think there is a need to do the whole installation process again just installing the boot loader to the ssd part make sure you are installing clover in UEFI mode and one thing that may need attention is CSM in your UEFI/Bios options on Sata it needs to be UEFI first

If you are remaking the usb installer you will have to reinstall clover to it but shouldn’t be needed

Additionally upload the clover folder zip without the themes folder

I don’t think there is a need to do the whole installation process again just installing the boot loader to the ssd part make sure you are installing clover in UEFI mode and one thing that may need attention is CSM in your UEFI/Bios options on Sata it needs to be UEFI first

If you are remaking the usb installer you will have to reinstall clover to it but shouldn’t be needed

Additionally upload the clover folder zip without the themes folder

How to check the clover is in UEFI mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back