Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Rampage III Formula
CPU
Intel i7 980 3.33 gHz
Graphics
nVidia GTX 1080
Hello! My setup is High Sierra on one SSD, and Windows 8 on another SSD. Windows was installed awhile ago, and HS just recently. I have a legacy BIOS, so Clover is installed in Legacy mode. I've since changed Windows to work in AHCI mode, and have included the NTFS.efi file in my drivers folder on the EFI drive. In order to get Windows to boot successfully from the Clover menu, I installed bootmgfw.efi on the existing Windows NTFS partition using bcdboot.exe. by following this guide. I am now trying to rename the Boot Microsoft EFI entry to a custom name, but all the guides are referencing the \EFI\Microsoft\Boot folder which I do not have.

The Windows boot entry in my clover does not have a UUID associated with it, but Clover Configurator shows UUIDs for both my Windows 8 drive and the System Recovery partition. However, using the Windows 8 UUID to create a custom entry for Windows doesn't work... perhaps because it also needs a path to bootmgfw.efi? I'm not sure. Is there anything else I can try?

What you did was not needed. There is no way you can boot a legacy Windows install with an efi file. Your config.plist should look somethig like this:
Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 10.14.16 AM.png

In Mac OS launch terminal and run diskutil list. Post pic of results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back