Contribute
Register

Help PLEASE! New 4530s with Bios F23, Mountain Lion 10.8.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Big Donkey - I mean, when I pull out the power cord - the computer still says that the power cord is attached, instead of indicating that the computer is running on battery power --- not a huge deal - but would love the computer to be running as "perfectly" as possible...

Replace AppleSmartBattery.kext in /System/Library/Extensions with latest one from here
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver/downloads
using kext wizard

works "perfectly"

Is the:
HP Atheros AR5B195 Probook 4530s Wireless Wifi N BT bluetooth Card 592775-001

the correct one to purchase?? Is it relatively easy for a non tech person to install?

Yes, It looks like correct one. Not sure about part number though. We use 593127-001

Hello!

I just tried to install Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2 on my new HP Probook 4530s
HP ProBook 4530s
B0Y11EA#ABD
ROM-Version: 68SRR Ver. F.23
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2350M CPU
System Configuration ID:A0001D02.
Mac OS X is botting after I have applied AHCI patch. Now I have got several unsolved issues:

Battery status is not availabe in menu bar
WiFi is not working (at least I am using Atheros adapter, had drivers installed on windows before.)
Sound is not working
Using KEXT Wizard to include BatteryManager and IO80211Family.kext brought no result.

Can you give me a tip how to solve theseproblems? do I have to create such a DSDT file? I am new with this topic so I was not able to find a solution!

Thanks a lot in advance! :)

@ Big Donkey -- I installed Battery Management kext as instructed - no joy --- still doesn't know if plugged in or using battery...

Also -- Does not recognize DVD drive!!! It did before - at least once or twice --- up on right upper corner the eject button says "No Drives"...

Thanks for help from everyone....

@ Big Donkey and Rehab man ---

1) I was wrong - battern management works - just had to restart a couple of times!

2) I've ordered (I hope) the correct wifi card. Any advice on how to install??

3) The DVD not recognized unless I start the computer with a cd/dvd in the drive.. Then I can eject and put in new ones -- but if the computer not started with a disc in the drive - it won't recognize and discs put in drive won't be read...

Help please???

Best,
Rob

@ Rehab Man and BigDonkey - Got the new wifi card -- YAY! Wifi works!

Now just the problem with DVD drive --- only works if a dvd is in it at startup - otherwise not recognized. Is this correctable??

Best,
Rob

Thanks to all!! It seems everything is working perfectly!!! Yay!

I second the above, I just bought a 4530s with F23 BIOS and am trying to install Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and would love to know what you ended up doing install wise.

Did you use the installer at all or did you just make a custom DSDT and use Multibeast?

Thanks in advance!
Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back