Graphics
?ogcant crest.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
First time hackintosh! Not working. I just purchased a HP ProBook 4530s. It has BIOS ver F23.
I just downloaded Mountain Lion from the App store - it was version 10.8.2.

I ran Unibeast which worked ok, but when I ran HP Probook Installer 5.1b1.pkg - I first couldn't find BiosF23, so I used F20... When it restarts I get a the apple and then and x and the system won't start..

Do I need to wait for a new version of Unibeast for ML 10.8.2?
Do I need to wait for a new version of HP Probook Instller 5.1b1.pkg for BiosF23?

Any help would be very much appreciated!!!!

First time hackintosh! Not working. I just purchased a HP ProBook 4530s. It has BIOS ver F23.
I just downloaded Mountain Lion from the App store - it was version 10.8.2.

I ran Unibeast which worked ok, but when I ran HP Probook Installer 5.1b1.pkg - I first couldn't find BiosF23, so I used F20... When it restarts I get a the apple and then and x and the system won't start..

Do I need to wait for a new version of Unibeast for ML 10.8.2?
Do I need to wait for a new version of HP Probook Instller 5.1b1.pkg for BiosF23?

Any help would be very much appreciated!!!!

Most likely, you need to apply the AHCI patch for 10.8.2. Boot with "-f" at Chimera screen (just type -f). Then, visit this link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...n-kernel-cache-used-only-with-some-disks-fix/

For F.28 DSDT, you should patch your own (not necessary, but is best practice). See my wiki here: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT

Thank you for your help --- I'm sorry that I'm a nubie at this - but what exactly is the chimera screen ?

Thanks!

Thank you for your help --- I'm sorry that I'm a nubie at this - but what exactly is the chimera screen ?

Thanks!

That is your boot loader, assuming you're using Chimera. It is something you selected when you used the ProBook installer.

Rehabman - Please help! I tried to do a clean install - Reinstalled Mountain Lion - then tried to run Install HP Probook Installer 5.1b1 - I get an Installation failed error.. In the Chimera page - I did the -f - which did bring me into Mountain Lion - but no wifi!!! - so can't install anything else!

This is harder than I expected....

Rehabman - Please help! I tried to do a clean install - Reinstalled Mountain Lion - then tried to run Install HP Probook Installer 5.1b1 - I get an Installation failed error.. In the Chimera page - I did the -f - which did bring me into Mountain Lion - but no wifi!!! - so can't install anything else!

This is harder than I expected....

Let me guess. You are installing 10.8.2. And when you ran tegezee's installer, you selected AHCI patch. Don't do that -- AHCI patch in the installer is only up to 10.8.1 and the installer will fail in the scripts if you use it on 10.8.2. Instead, use the patch from this link: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...n-kernel-cache-used-only-with-some-disks-fix/

You should be able to run the installer by booting with "-f". That should give you WiFi... Assuming you have Atheros 9285 chip. Sometimes, initially, you have to play around with the WiFi button to make it work. And some people have had to boot Windows or Linux to jump start the Wifi.

I did select the AHCI Patch! Thanks - will try to intall without it! Then maybe will have WIFI.

Also - I did have Ethernet so was able to download the Patch that you directed me too. How do I apply it???? When I double click - it comes up in Text-Edit...

Best,
Rob

And again, Thanks!

I did select the AHCI Patch! Thanks - will try to intall without it! Then maybe will have WIFI.

Also - I did have Ethernet so was able to download the Patch that you directed me too. How do I apply it???? When I double click - it comes up in Text-Edit...

Best,
Rob

And again, Thanks!

It is a perl script. You need to run it in Terminal.

Thank you so much! It is booting - but still no wifi! (I don't care about bluetooth - but no wifi is a gamebreaker...)

When I go to Network in System Preferences, wifi doesn't even come up!

I do have Ethernet, and Volume - so far that's all I've been able to check --- but no Wifi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back