Contribute
Register

Help! please, i updated to Mojave, is there a way to revert back to HighSierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CPU
n/a
Graphics
n/a
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear Group,

i may have placed myself in a pit.

i use my mac for editing video. Resolve 16 Studio to be specific.

i have a Titan X Nvidia and was running High Sierra.
everything was working until i updated the Resolve software that said it needed Mojave to run.

I need to know one of two options.

1. Are there nvidia drivers available for Mojave? if so my auto update fix is not working. Does anyone know if i need to reinstall the fix through the terminal? or is it just telling me NO Updates because there is no updates?

2. If i am not able to update nvidia drivers, HOW CAN I REVERT BACK TO High Sierra?
i would rather get back to that stable system, using the nvidia card with my 4K monitor, and maybe use an older version of Resolve Studio that doesn‘t give me the Beachball of death.
I know the version 16.2.2 was working fine.

any help please would be much appreciated

Sing

5937B506-580C-431F-8BB0-FC34DB49B775.png

Dear Group,

i may have placed myself in a pit.

i use my mac for editing video. Resolve 16 Studio to be specific.

i have a Titan X Nvidia and was running High Sierra.
everything was working until i updated the Resolve software that said it needed Mojave to run.

I need to know one of two options.

1. Are there nvidia drivers available for Mojave? if so my auto update fix is not working. Does anyone know if i need to reinstall the fix through the terminal? or is it just telling me NO Updates because there is no updates?

2. If i am not able to update nvidia drivers, HOW CAN I REVERT BACK TO High Sierra?
i would rather get back to that stable system, using the nvidia card with my 4K monitor, and maybe use an older version of Resolve Studio that doesn‘t give me the Beachball of death.
I know the version 16.2.2 was working fine.

any help please would be much appreciated

Sing

View attachment 482367

Hi there.

First-up, please complete your hardware Profile. It's a part of the Site Rules and without it people will not be able to help you easily.

No, there are no NVidia web-drivers for Mojave. However certain GPUs used in real Mac machines are still supported, but the Titan X is not one of those. High Sierra is your last hope.

If you wish to revert to High Sierra you will have to wipe the system and re-install. macOS will not let you go back if it is already on the destination.

You will need to back-up all your data, de-activate any licensed software you have installed (or you may lose those activations) and sign out of iCloud/iTunes etc. Once done you will need to create a High Sierra UniBeast installer as per the guide, and then wipe the destination before starting the process as if you are installing for the first time.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back