Contribute
Register

HELP! OSX is installed, but when i try to boot into High Sierra from clover it reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Your Samsung SSD is not UEFI ,
    • You have either not installed CLOVER
    • or installed it in Legacy mode NOT UEFI
  • The only bootable device in that list is your UEFI Flash disk
  • Since even with USB installer the SSD panics , you cannot reach Desktop to edit its CLOVER
  • Your best option is to boot using your UEFI Flash disk >Reformat the SSD in HFS+J format.
  • This time it may work in the Disk Utility and may not need Terminal command.
  • Then reinstall HS
Next time use all the steps we had gone through to check if you encounter any problems like this.

Remember during Mac HS install there may be 3-4 reboots
  • Firs reboot in 2 minuets
  • You should press F-12 and select your UEFI Flash on every reboot until you run Multibeast 10.1 on the new SSD with HS and then boot to desktop using your Login Name/Password. After that stage you can Eject your USB installer to kllet HS SSD to boot on its own.
  • Once you select USB to get into Clover Boot Manager Screen , you switch to SSD to continue second and 3rd reboot
  • Then you will see 3 icons. your USB installer+New SSD with HS+ HS Recovery Disk: now you are in a safe zone.
  • Hope things are clear to you as to what to expect.
For some images of how things should look check #34
So reformat it again?

• Your Samsung SSD is not UEFI ,
    • You have either not installed CLOVER
    • or installed it in Legacy mode NOT UEFI
  • The only bootable device in that list is your UEFI Flash disk
  • Since even with USB installer the SSD panics , you cannot reach Desktop to edit its CLOVER
  • Your best option is to boot using your UEFI Flash disk >Reformat the SSD in HFS+J format.
  • This time it may work in the Disk Utility and may not need Terminal command.
  • Then reinstall HS
Next time use all the steps we had gone through to check if you encounter any problems like this.

Remember during Mac HS install there may be 3-4 reboots
  • Firs reboot in 2 minuets
  • You should press F-12 and select your UEFI Flash on every reboot until you run Multibeast 10.1 on the new SSD with HS and then boot to desktop using your Login Name/Password. After that stage you can Eject your USB installer to kllet HS SSD to boot on its own.
  • Once you select USB to get into Clover Boot Manager Screen , you switch to SSD to continue second and 3rd reboot
  • Then you will see 3 icons. your USB installer+New SSD with HS+ HS Recovery Disk: now you are in a safe zone.
  • Hope things are clear to you as to what to expect.
For some images of how things should look check #34

I have tried erasing it and reinstalling, and the problem persists. What is the issue then?

I have tried erasing it and reinstalling, and the problem persists. What is the issue then?

I cannot imagine how you were able to reformat and reinstall HS and run Multibeast to install Clover and kexts on an SSD between your two post- times seen in my browser as Nov 13, 2017 at 7:17 PM Nov 13, 2017 at 7:40 PM shown above. This adds up to only 23 Minuets!

I suspect some steps are not done properly during the multiple reboots HS install takes and hence the failure. I have no proof as no Screen shots are uploaded by you for my analysis, editing and annotation to show.

Please go back and read our exchange of responses and you will note how to document each step to find the data to analyze and fix the problem and what to upload to the Forum to get a better and helpful answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back