Contribute
Register

[help or advice] dead laptop after setting csractiveconfig via clover configurator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Pavilion 15-e050sa-Clover
CPU
i3 - 3110M / HM76
Graphics
HD 4000, 1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dear forum,

My first help request post!

So, have been following RehabMan’s excellent guides on turning my laptop into a hackintosh.

HP Pavilion 15-e050sa : i3-3110M/HM76/Intel HD4000

Having gotten Mojave’s installed with basic support, was starting to refine things. Was starting to proceed with power management, and first step was to disable hibernation.

So follow the terminal commands for

Sudo pmset -a hibernationmode 0

All good.

Then try

Sudo rm /var/ve/sleepimage

And hit a brick wall of SIP. so drop into recovery console and via terminal issue CSRUTIL DISABLE, then back into Mojave to remove sleepimage - all good. Also make a directory at that location and change properties so it’s not writable!

Now back to recovery console to re-enable SIP with CSRUTIL ENABLE and get confirmation reboot needed.

Back to Mojave to check, but CSRUTIL STATUS reports it’s still disabled!

Run round that circle a few times and still can’t get it to enable, so google some and decide to enable via clover configurator in the Rt settings - change CsrActiveConfig to 0x00 from 0x67 (iirc)

Reboot and have boot get slower and slower and slower until it’s a stalled spinning wheel of death.

Power cycle laptop .... nothing. Huh.

Remove battery and power cord and press power button, then plug back in ..... nothing.

Onto HP website to follow help tool for ‘dead laptop’ and try various combinations of the above with “win-key+B+power” to force bios reinstall .... nothing. No fans, no lights, except power connector led, no beeps.

Just dead.

Quick google about and a strip down to logic board in order to pull bios backup battery - instant success.

Reassembled and back into Mojave, booted via installer key conflict.plist copied from installer USB key to get rid of broken one.

But what the hell???

How’d it completely kill my laptop?

Moreover why can’t I get the CSRUTIL ENABLE to restart SIP?

Any help gratefully received on this

Kind regards

Andy

Hi there. Sorry I'm not the expert you need, but as my new project is also an HP laptop, I obviously find this problem interesting. You clearly know your way around the HP hardware !

Okay, just an observation. The problem seemed to occur when you set CSR to 0x00 from the turned-off state of 0x67. Why did you not use 0x03 to turn on CSR to standard level?

Is 0x00 something laptop specific? I've built many desktops but never seen that value.

Might that have caused the BIOS problem?

:)

Hi UT.

Wouldn't say I know my way round HP hardware; much better with Apple stuff.

Anyway, followed settings on the Clover wiki (link) for this.

Seems 0x00 is enabled, 0x03 partial, and 0x67 disabled, but as I'm utterly new to hackintosh and clover, this is all unknown territory for me.

Hi UT.

Wouldn't say I know my way round HP hardware; much better with Apple stuff.

Anyway, followed settings on the Clover wiki (link) for this.

Seems 0x00 is enabled, 0x03 partial, and 0x67 disabled, but as I'm utterly new to hackintosh and clover, this is all unknown territory for me.

Refer to the guide plists for correct SIP settings:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back