Contribute
Register

Help on installing Yosemite on HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC model 1802

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can I tell which is the "correct" plist? I cannot find anything in my graphics specs that tells me which is correct. Am I missing something?

How can I tell which is the "correct" plist? I cannot find anything in my graphics specs that tells me which is correct. Am I missing something?

HD3000 1600x900. It is in your profile. You put it there.

Note: Your profile is missing chipset specification, but it is likely 6-series. You should check to know for sure.

CPU-Z did not provide any info on chipset. Is there another tool that I can use to provide this? This is all I have been able to find: "Intel HD Graphics Family, 1600x900 Vendor ID 0x8086, Model ID 0x0116, Codename Sandy Bridge".

CPU-Z did not provide any info on chipset. Is there another tool that I can use to provide this? This is all I have been able to find: "Intel HD Graphics Family, 1600x900 Vendor ID 0x8086, Model ID 0x0116, Codename Sandy Bridge".

If you dump the text file from CPU-Z and search for "chipset", you'll see it (and it will probably be HM6x).

Ok, Thanks for the tutorial on chipsets. It is Intel HD 3000 HM65 rev. 05. Based on that I used config_HD3000_1600x900.plist. This is what happens:

Screen before fail.jpgFinal Screen.jpg

This BIOS is so limited, I have no control over the USBs only boot order. Is it possible to build the system directly onto the HDD connected by USB to the MAC and then install the HDD into the HP laptop?

This BIOS is so limited, I have no control over the USBs only boot order. Is it possible to build the system directly onto the HDD connected by USB to the MAC and then install the HDD into the HP laptop?

I would try DSDT patch...

https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "USB 6-series", "IRQ Fix"

And yes, you could use the same technique you used for creating the USB installer but target a partition on HDD instead. Slight difference: GPT partitioning.

Do I then need another partition besides the install media and the "CLOVER EFI" and "Install_osx" for the actual installation, or will that be handled during install?

Do I then need another partition besides the install media and the "CLOVER EFI" and "Install_osx" for the actual installation, or will that be handled during install?

I assume you're talking about direct HDD install..

In the case of GPT, the EFI partition is automatically created, so you only "need" one partition. You'll install Clover to the install_osx partition but it will actually install to the associated EFI partition. If you want, you can create your additional partition for your actual OS X install, but it doesn't matter when you create that partition. It is probably easier to create both the install_osx partition and your main system partition at the same time.

Eventually, you'll need to solve the USB problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back