Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 8742
CPU
i7-10750H
Graphics
GTX 1650
hello, Yesterday I finished my computer building, I have a macpro recommended hardware, z68xp-ud3 motherboard, 2600k processor and a gigabyte hd6870 card.

This is a brand new computer, I haven't install any version of OSX , yesterday I tried installing ML with the Guide, but as other stated I couldn't get into installer, try rootuid command, boot in safe mode, graphics enabler, all of them, none worked. I then removed the GPU and try that way, as some have been stating. Still I can't get into the installer.

I don't know If am I doing something wrong, or if in order to install ML I should already have another version of osx on the drive.

What should I do?

Just another question, as I have found no info regarding this. (this is just out of curiosity, what matter the most if the question up there)

If I take out the hard drive from my macbook pro, would my pc boot from it normal? or If I use the unibeast drive, in order to get to my macbook pro partition, would it boot??

checked the guide for 6xxx card...

If you have a spare card say HD5770, you can install ML using this card... after which, you can replace your HD6870 card... there is something wrong with HD6xxx card on unibeast...

Googled and you can see the solutions....

thank you for all you information guide, well I got sicked yesterday, so I have been on bed most of time, I will try to check today.

1. Just because it is a new computer doesn't mean you have the latest BIOS installed on the motherboard. Check into that.

I am sorry to ask, but how exactly do I check the bios numbers? should I go to gigabyte website, to find out if they have any updates?

Yes, of course. Go into your BIOS and on the first page, it will usually tell you the revision number of the BIOS installed on your board. Then go to the Gigabyte website to the Support section, find your motherboard, download section and look at the available BIOS' to download. If there is a newer one, then install it. Read the manual that came with your motherboard on how to upgrade a BIOS.

Well the main screen doesn't show anything, just touch bios blah blah, and I press delete to get into the BIOS setup, it shows "boot disk failure, insert disk and press enter" something like that.

I have managed to get into the installer quite easily as the video explained, that was a nice fix.

But, I don't really have a hard drive right now, i was trying to install it on a USB. Everything goes fine but in the installation screen, it says it will finished around 20 minutes, 10 minutes later I come back and I only find a blank screen. I don't know if it's because it's an usb.

My hard drive is arriving today so I hope that would fix the problem.

Just that , I need to change the drive to AHCI and I don't know how am I going to do that, if I can't get into the BIOS setup.

The installer puts the display to sleep after 10 minutes. Press a key on the keyboard to wake it up. If it won't wake up, then make sure you wiggle the mouse every 7 or 8 minutes so it won't put the monitor to sleep.

by blank a mean, pure white, not just black, would it be the same???

You should be able to boot to the bios with out any drive at all.
Your keyboard is not working at the boot up. Try a different USB port for keyboard or different keyboard.
As soon as it boots start hitting delete. Don't mess with the bios too much. just the settings that the video tells you to change!!!
Also, just wait on hard drive to come in and take it slow.

Thanks guys for all your help.

I got my Hard drive, is a 2tb western digital.

Now I have encountered 2 problems:

1- I can't get into BIOS setup, I have tried a USB and a PS2 keyboard, with no luck at all, I have hit delete as a mad as soon as it boots but nothing happens.

2- I have tried to install mountain lion without setting the hard drive as AHCI. And where you get to select the disk, it doesn't detect my hard drive. I took the drive out, and set in on an enclosure and It works that way, but not directly to the motherboard, don't know if it has something to do with the ahci thing.

Am i Missing something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back