Contribute
Register

Help!-No Video after 10.6.2 Update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which 2 required kexts?

Based on what you described, you should only have in /Extra/Extensions fakesmc.kext and LegacyHDA.kext when using a DSDT and an nvidia card.

The Fakesmc and the JMicronATA

I am going to try to get install done and then set up remote desktop so I can access this from my MBPro. Hopefully I will be able to tweak things without having to reinstall.

Ok I finally got something working here by NOT installing the DSDT for my motherboard. As soon as I install that I get no video out. What happens if I don't install DSDT? Will it only affect sleep? I definitely don't have full video acceleration either but when I install nvenabler I get no video.

The key is having 2 working snow leopard boot drives. Before updating to 10.6.2 copy the NVDANV50Hal.kext and
NVDAResman.kext from 10.6.1 and place them in a folder on the desktop. Now update to 10.6.2. Re-start. In bios change the boot order of your hard drives. Open up the hard drive you just updated to 10.6.2 and delete the 2 kexts (still named the same) and replace with the ones from 10.6.1 located in the folder you placed on the desktop. Shut down. Bios switch back to the 10.6.2 drive and re-start. Make sure to repair permissions once you successfully log onto 10.6.2. Hope that made sense. Good luck!

Don't know if the above solution will work or not, but to make it easier- here are the 10.6.1 Graphics Kexts:

Public/10.6.1-Graphics-Kexts.zip

Hope this helps! :mrgreen:

Ok so I finally got it working. Had to use the 10.6.1 Kexts AND change PCIRootUID=1. Tried the .3 update but even with the old Kexts can't get any video so just staying as is for now.

Not comprehending the PCIRootUID=1. Is this placed in boot.plist? I still have no working graphics when updating to 10.6.3 with any of the methods I've tried. Was assuming it's my weird 9600 GSO card but are GTS 250 or other nVidia cards having the same issue? What descent cards ($100 - $150 range) work Vanilla or with NVEnabler. Do all ATI 48xx cards work?
:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back