Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a GTS250 video card, otherwise system identical to Tony. When I run the 10.6.2 update it reboots before running the update so I can't run Multibeast before restarting. When it restarts it boots fine but I have NO video. I don't understand how to install this after 10.6.2 update but before restarting.

tjsadler said:
I have a GTS250 video card, otherwise system identical to Tony. When I run the 10.6.2 update it reboots before running the update so I can't run Multibeast before restarting. When it restarts it boots fine but I have NO video. I don't understand how to install this after 10.6.2 update but before restarting.

After 10.6.2 update- it will ask you to restart- just don't hit the button! That's all there is to it. It will not restart if you don't hit that button. Good luck!

It downloads the update and then says to install you must reboot, do you want to reboot now? If I click not now it won't install. This is my second Hackintosh. The first was easy. I'm sure I am doing something stupid but I'm on my 11th attempted install here and I can't see straight :crazy:

Download the Combo Update directly from Apple's site http://support.apple.com/kb/DL959.

Also I find that sometimes when the Combo Updater starts you can't run any new program. So I start MultiBeast, go up to selecting what I want to install, run the Combo Updater and when it wants to reboot I switch back and finish MultiBeast. When MultiBeast is done I let the Combo Updater reboot.

Thanks I'll try it. I was running the combo update from the Software Update... menu item.

tjsadler said:
Thanks I'll try it. I was running the combo update from the Software Update... menu item.

Ah- that would explain it. Miscommunication there. :D

Ok No Dice. Just goes to black screen monitor says no input. AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!

tjsadler said:
Ok No Dice. Just goes to black screen monitor says no input. AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!
Are you running an nVidia Card? I had the same problem with my card the 9600 GSO. The solution I came up with is to re-apply 10.6.1 NVDANV50Hal.kext and
NVDAResman.kext. These are located in the system/ library/ extensions :thumbup: . Just delete the new 10.6.2. versions and add these. it works. Just repair permissions and restart and all should well. Hope this helps. I would love to find a better work around but this is all I have gotten so far.

I'm not sure how to get those files but the problem is once this happens I am screwed. I can't access anything. It is like the system is booted and thinks everything is fine but the gfx card isn't outputting anything. I have no choice but to start completely over format the drive and reinstall. Interestingly i have full graphics resolutions and acceleration as soon as I install. I can restart all I want until after I do the 10.6.2 update and re-run Multibeast. I am choosing the 888b legacy option the top Chameleon bootloader choice. The DSDT for my ud2 board, the realtek 1000 networking the 64bit plist macpro 4,1 smbios and the two required kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back