Intel Core i7-4770K
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Windows Phone
I'm new to building Hackintoshs. My first build is not booting at all. I have double checked all of the cords, everything is tight. Also removed and replaced the battery on the motherboard to reset bios, and still no avail.

I have the Monitor plugged in via DVI cable, and there is no output. Not even a blip. The computer fan will turn on and off ever couple seconds. But that's it. Here is the hardware that I'm using:

Thanks for your help! Please let me know if you have any advice.

If this is the First booting the motherboard disconnect all your hardware, i.e hard drives, USB devices and USB drives. Also ensure that you have connected the power supply to CPU correctly. What you need to do is get it to POST. (Power on self test). Then allow you reach the BIOS as of which you are trying to do.

That worked. Thank you!

I posted a new topic about this same issue earlier, but apparently it got hung up in moderation...

I get nothing but a black screen when trying to boot my brand new build with all-new hardware.

GA-Z87X-UD7 TH Motherboard
i7 4770k processor
EVGA GeForce 780ti Superclocked
Corsair H80i
Crucial Ballistix Tactical RAM 16GB
2x Samsung 840 EVO SSD

When I boot, the screen on my Samsung SyncMaster T260 goes from "Check Signal Cable" to just a black screen. Tested DVI ports and HDMI on the 780ti with this monitor and another older Samsung SyncMaster. Then removed the 780ti entirely and tested the on-board HDMI with this monitor. Same result.

No BIOS ever loads. I haven't had the chance to install any OS yet, since I don't even have BIOS at this point.

I've now tried unplugging all accessories and peripherals from the board. Nothing plugged into the USB ports, all SATA drives disconnected... Basically pulled everything off of every pin on the mobo...

Still just a black screen.

Am I still doing something wrong? Is there something I haven't thought of yet? Do I need to disable any of the on-board ports (like turning off Thunderbolt using the push-button on the board, for example)?

Thanks,
=jeff

No BIOS ever loads. I haven't had the chance to install any OS yet, since I don't even have BIOS at this point.

If the BIOS doesn't load with everything disconnected I would assume that somethingis wrong with the motherboard. Take a look in the manual and make sure that you have power to the CPU, 4pin and 8pin connectors, power to the motherboard 24 pin connector. If these are correct in the manual you should have a back up BIOS switch you could try. If this fails I would suggest getting your motherboard checked by your supplier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back