Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Help needed to fix BT and LAN on Big Sur

Status
Not open for further replies.
make sure your ProperTree app is up to date, it's most likely already prompted you to do that.

The Bluetooth kext that I think that you can try is BrcmPatchRAM.kext available from Acianthera here

after adding your IntelMausi.kext and your BrcmPatchRAM.kext in your Kext folder

- launch your config.plist in ProperTree and do a Cmd+R / Ctrl+R (OC Snapshot)

it should target your OC folder and will inject your kexts into the correct order in your con.plist.

- Cmd+S to Save

Don't use OC Clean snapshot (Cmd+Shift+R)

Edit: first line corrected
Wow, thanks a lot. the oc snapshot put them in the right order and the IntelMausi.kext loaded fine and the LAN is now working!! Cool But BT is still not working and the kext did NOT inject according to Hackintool. I will do some searching and see if another kext is required.

Really, really appreciate you help, Cheers Jim

Wow, thanks a lot. the oc snapshot put them in the right order and the IntelMausi.kext loaded fine and the LAN is now working!! Cool But BT is still not working and the kext did NOT inject according to Hackintool. I will do some searching and see if another kext is required.

Really, really appreciate you help, Cheers Jim
read my reply above

also in your USBMap.kext, the info.plist, make sure you have set the port to 255 for your wifi card

I don't understand why. My wifi is working fine. Pls explain. Thanks for you help.

I don't understand why. My wifi is working fine. Pls explain. Thanks for you help.
because that is the way to setup your usb ports, as your internal wifi/bluetooth plugs into a usb header on your motherboard, in your info.plist, the HS port needs to be set to internal (255)

because that is the way to setup your usb ports, as your internal wifi/bluetooth plugs into a usb header on your motherboard, in your info.plist, the HS port needs to be set to internal (255)
OK, can you pls give me a little explanation on exactly how to do this and what software to use. Thanks, Jim

OK, I figured out how to open kext with right click and then contents. It appears that it assigns a port value of 3 to all HS 1 thru 7. which one do I change and what software?

launch Hackintool and select USB for a visual representation of you USB ports, e.g

1659571769094.png

locate from the list which one of those Ports is the USB port that your Bluetooth is using.
Let's pretend that it is HS4 for this example - Bingo !

Now, open your EFI and locate your USBMap.kext from your Kexts folder
Right Click on the USBMap.kext and select Show Packages.
Open the Contents folder and launch the Info.plist in ProperTree
Locate YOUR USB port that your bluetooth uses (let's pretend it HS4)

1659572526166.png

you want to change the UsbConnector Number fro 3 to 255 and save e.g,

1659572692713.png

Save > Reboot > ResetNvram and launch macOS

Good night

OK, I went into USBMap and discover ports and found this:

7. HS07 | AppleUSB20XHCIPort | 13 (0d000000) | 14700000 | Type 3
- IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport

Is this the one that needs to have port 255

launch Hackintool and select USB for a visual representation of you USB ports, e.g

View attachment 552537

locate from the list which one of those Ports is the USB port that your Bluetooth is using.
Let's pretend that it is HS4 for this example - Bingo !

Now, open your EFI and locate your USBMap.kext from your Kexts folder
Right Click on the USBMap.kext and select Show Packages.
Open the Contents folder and launch the Info.plist in ProperTree
Locate YOUR USB port that your bluetooth uses (let's pretend it HS4)

View attachment 552538

you want to change the UsbConnector Number fro 3 to 255 and save e.g,

View attachment 552539

Save > Reboot > ResetNvram and launch macOS

Good night
Wow, you are Superman again! Thanks so much. And your instruction are so clear and easy to follow. In all my searching I did not run across this solution, and I have spent hrs before I posted. By the way, my first hackintosh was a Z97 like yours but the UD3H board. I have not started moving it to OC but plan to now unless you say its too old or difficult. What do you advise?

Anyway you have made my day with LAN and BT working, now I will work on sleep, but its not that important to me.

I think they should make you a Moderator here! You have my vote
Cheers, JimS
Cheers and have a great day tomorrow.

Wow, you are Superman again! Thanks so much. And your instruction are so clear and easy to follow. In all my searching I did not run across this solution, and I have spent hrs before I posted. By the way, my first hackintosh was a Z97 like yours but the UD3H board. I have not started moving it to OC but plan to now unless you say its too old or difficult. What do you advise?

Anyway you have made my day with LAN and BT working, now I will work on sleep, but its not that important to me.

I think they should make you a Moderator here! You have my vote
Cheers, JimS
Cheers and have a great day tomorrow.
Feartech gets the credit, he solved your Bluetooth, I wouldn’t have figured that out for days.

Kind words though and it’s appreciated. You should be able to do OpenCore on your Z97 UD3H board and have macOS Monterey using SMBIOS iMac 17,1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back