Contribute
Register

Help needed on SL installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but I really don't know where to post this,...

I need to install Snow Leopard for working purposes, not Lion but SL.
I have tried very hard with iBoot + Multibeast, and other many ways, but with some problems.

I have installed Snow Leopard 10.6.3 Retail DVD, and update to 10.6.8. But it always depends on the iBoot CD. I can't make Bootloader works ("Missing Operating System"). Graphics only in 1024x768, no kext work till now. In the first place I need to boot with "PCIRootUID=1"... and later with "GraphicsEnabler=NO"... I select "GraphicsEnabler=NO" in Multibeast options, but it's always the same... need to boot from iBoot, and 1024x768
resolution.
Can someone help me?

Motherboard: Intel DH67BL
Graphics: Geforce 430 GT 2Gb (Sentey)
CPU: I7 2600k

I apreciate if anyone can help, and sorry because my english is not the best.
Thanks.

.J

Hello
I've tried in different order... if that's what you mean.
I've tried with chimera, but nothing. Chameleon separatedly, and nothing. I think there is something with the graphic card... because i've found some people who did install SL correctly on this motherboard...

Thanks
.J

@totenkopf4 thank you very much for the links, they help alot, they had shed alot of light on some things i was unaware about.

UPDATE 7/12/12 :

i entered
-v -f acpi=off cpus=1
just as totenkopf4 has said.
But i keep getting this panic.

Also for acpi=off, i keep getting something that says acpi not located or something like that.

Also i would appreciate if anyone can verify for me whether my video card is "good" because as it shows in the picture i keep getting codec #(whatever): (unknown). As far as i know im sure it works for lion, ive seen a couple of post with that.

but other than that, can anyone help me out?
-Im not too sure, what the warning for the min/max DB is about tho.

Attachments

• Newest 7-12-12.JPG
    Newest 7-12-12.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 77
SteelTECH

It appears that this card is not supported w SL in any of its versions
Per many sources via google

But ( and I dont understand this ) some people have reported that the Nvidia kexts from this URL will work ( theory is ) but they are for 10.7 not 10.6 I am sure that their is some Hack for this that would allow it just havent found it yet.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-270 ... river.html

try it and see.

Also do you have something attached to this mother board that has a microphone attached if so disable it or remove it for now.
I have never see some lines for microphones before (or have never seen them)
Totenkopf

actually i got the installation and am currently replying to you thru safari.

i ended up using,

-f -x cpus=1 acpi=off PCIRootUID+1 UseNvdiaRom=Yes

I apologize for posting my problem in this topic, I did not realize it was a topic on a particular problem (the title confused me).

Post my doubts in another topic:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=67886

Sorry for the interruption and appreciate the help.
SteelTECH, Good luck with your problem!

Greetings!
. J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back