Contribute
Register

HELP NEEDED: HP Probook 430 G2 Broadwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only set in BIOS
Video Memory Size: 64MB
And do boot windows , restart OSX
All patches i tried in graphics kexts, i got many "graphical" problem.

Yes i do.
Did you try switching UEFI Hybrid and UEFI Native in BIOS? Does it make any changes?

Freezing is a known problem for 10.10 with Broadwell. 10.11 is more stable for Broadwell.

please press f4 at Clover screen then give me the origin folder.

I only set in BIOS
Video Memory Size: 64MB
And do boot windows , restart OSX
All patches i tried in graphics kexts, i got many "graphical" problem.

So DVMT-prealloc is a setting provided in the BIOS setup. That's good news for those with this laptop...

ig-platform-id 0x16260006 & 10.11 work well for me, besides the garbled screen until I switch off and back the screen with a hot corner set to put display to sleep.
I'm looking for threads that can help me solve this minor annoyance (I have a USB with an unrecognized ig-platform-id to boot the Recovery partition when needed; graphics are choppy but are enough for what I have to do in this situation).

ig-platform-id 0x16260006 & 10.11 work well for me,

Note this forum is for Yosemite only. If you're actually installing 10.11, I'll move this thread to the appropriate forum.

besides the garbled screen until I switch off and back the screen with a hot corner set to put display to sleep.
I'm looking for threads that can help me solve this minor annoyance

The config.plist you provided is not using 0x16260006.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

Make sure graphics kexts are vanilla. Show photo(s) of graphics issues.

(I have a USB with an unrecognized ig-platform-id to boot the Recovery partition when needed; graphics are choppy but are enough for what I have to do in this situation).

No need for "unrecognized ig-platform-id". Just set config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=false.

ig-platform-id 0x16260006 & 10.11 work well for me, besides the garbled screen until I switch off and back the screen with a hot corner set to put display to sleep.
I'm looking for threads that can help me solve this minor annoyance (I have a USB with an unrecognized ig-platform-id to boot the Recovery partition when needed; graphics are choppy but are enough for what I have to do in this situation).
Please sưitch to UEFI Hybrid and try again.

Please sưitch to UEFI Hybrid and try again.

@AmnoN...

Also it is not clear about the nature of the graphics issues...

Please provide details on the graphics problems you're trying to fix.

Freezes with Broadwell graphics on 10.10 are well documented and experienced by many.
See if they still happen if you start Windows first, then restart into Yosemite.

Some are reporting it fixed with 10.11.

Now installed Windows. I am going to see if it is running better now.

Don't use an enabler. Do DSDT patches as noted in the FAQ and ACPI patching guide.

If you have trouble...

The requested files are attached.

Yippie! It's working. Thank you.

Post config.plist.

Is attached.

There are USB patches for instant wake in the ACPI patching guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html
(patches to _PRW).

I am getting error when I am trying to compile.

View attachment 147325

Could be Clover problem detecting CPU. Are you using latest Clover?

Yes.

Did you implement native power management? See ioreg request above.
I am not sure. Files are attached.

How are you measuring?

Just seeing it in MenuMeters. When I am working on the machine it seems that the used memory ist growing.

if your freezes not broadwell depend, you could try ec-reset. it helped me on pb 4530s.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by RehabMan
EC reset: shutdown, remove battery, remove AC plug, hold power down 30 sec, put everything back & restart.

At the moment I am trying the Windows restart workaround. Didn't test EC reset so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back