Classic Mac
  1. Centris
  2. iBook
  3. Power Mac
  4. PowerBook
  5. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all, I'm having serious issues trying to get upgraded to High Sierra from my working Sierra install. I've tried three methods, direct update, version posted along with the original public beta install, and then a clean install using Clover. All installs seem to come to the same conclusion. I finally get to the Clover screen and select boot from Mac OS, it appears to boot properly then stalls at about 90 percent through the boot screen progress. It then reboots back to the main Clover boot screen.

If I try another installation, I can see the SSD is reformatted into APFS, and there is content on the disk per Disk Utility.

At this point I'd go back to a working Sierra install, but would like to get HS working so I can use the NVME drives on the motherboard.

I should add that my original Sierra install using Unibeast was 4173, but tried using the latest Clover version for the HS install. At the Clover boot screen after all my install attempts, it is still at version 4173...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Trying to work through troubleshooting...booted in verbose mode. Saw about 45 retries during boot for Gfx initialization errors then rebooted to the Clover screen. Last message before reboot was something about failing graphics initialization.

So hopefully this narrows down what the problem is. Thanks again!

I see today on my iPhone that my profile doesn’t show in the forum, so I’ll list my info here:

Asus Prime H270M mATX
i5-7600
Intel HD 630 graphics
Samsung 850 Pro SSD
Samsung EVO 960 NVME X2 (not working yet)
Areca 1880 RAID card, presently pulled while troubleshooting

I’m still in need of some help.

Ethernet is working in safe mode, USB is working too.

Thanks for any hints of where to go next.

Have you gotten the build stable? I have a i5-7500 which I'm trying to pair with a amd rx 570. Not sure what's better, intel gpu only, amd only, or a hybrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back