Contribute
Register

Help needed as Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE was not delivered

Status
Not open for further replies.
The board you originally post about if you can get it, the Gigabyte z390 UD with the add in card installed will do it. Are couple I have seen showing it can be done just be certain when buying you have done the research to make sure it will work with macOS and has the proper version of the firmware/BIOS on it to support your chip or you waste the time and effort plus more money getting it updated if needing to buy second chip to flash firmware/BIOS. With your last post yes it is the chip you have so if the board you buy has the 1005 version installed there will be no problems at all in it working with it.
nearly all Gigabyte boards seem to be unavailable which is why I looked at Asus.

How can I tell if the Asus Prime Z390-A can run MacOS

Found this info
Intel® Socket 1151 for Intel® CoreTM 9000 series, 8th Generation CoreTM i7 / i5 / i3, Pentium® and Celeron® processors
Does that cover this cpu, Intel Core i9-9900K Retail (1151/8 Core/3.60GHz/16MB/Café Lake/95W) - BX806849900K

Yes it does support the CPU with the correct firmware/BIOS installed, this seems to be the concept you have a problem with. All socket 1151 boards will support the i9-9900k if they can recognize the chip if it is in listed in the firmware/BIOS that is installed. Without that support it is a paperweight, it will attempt to start and fail once it finds the chip has not been listed in its support table it uses internally on the board. I sense you are not very familiar with building your own machine and perhaps should try to find someone who does know these things to assist when you try this.

Since Thunderbolt is key for your build, I’d return the 9900K, get a 10th gen CPU, and go with a Gigabyte Z490 Vision D or a Z490 Vision G plus Titan Ridge TB card. The Vision D is hard to find but not impossible. The Vision G is still available at a number of shops, including Newegg.

Since you are new to this, the excellent guides will be extremely helpful and save you a lot of trouble. I don’t see the point in going Z390 and 9th gen at this point. The Gigabyte Z490 boards offer excellent compatibility including TB. More info in this related thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/alternatives-to-z490-vision-d.314968/

Since Thunderbolt is key for your build, I’d return the 9900K, get a 10th gen CPU, and go with a Gigabyte Z490 Vision D or a Z490 Vision G plus Titan Ridge TB card. The Vision D is hard to find but not impossible. The Vision G is still available at a number of shops, including Newegg.

Since you are new to this, the excellent guides will be extremely helpful and save you a lot of trouble. I don’t see the point in going Z390 and 9th gen at this point. The Gigabyte Z490 boards offer excellent compatibility including TB. More info in this related thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/alternatives-to-z490-vision-d.314968/
Thanks e-troc

Fingers crossed, think I managed to get my hands on a Gigabyte Z490 Vision D motherboard and an Intel Core i9-10900k
Now I can focus on the build

Fingers crossed, think I managed to get my hands on a Gigabyte Z490 Vision D motherboard and an Intel Core i9-10900k
Now I can focus on the build
Nice! Where did you find it?

Got you hooked though didn’t they!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back