Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, My Hackintosh (build below) is giving me kernel panics/panics relatively consistently. I've attached the last 5 logs below. I would appreciate any and all help in diagnosing this and getting down to the problem. I'm thinking because of one of the logs it could be bad RAM, but I'm not sure (I guess it would explain the consistency of it happening though). It usually happens when it is sleeping or coming back from sleep. Also, as a side note, Messages and Safari crash too sometimes.

View attachment Another damn panic.txt, View attachment Another panic! 2.txt, View attachment Another panic!.txt, View attachment Another Kernal Panic 2!.txt, View attachment Another panic.txt

Intel Core i7-4790K, EVGA GTX970 FTW+, TP-Link Archer T8E AC1750, 32 GB of Crucial Ballistix Sport Memory, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H Motherboard, IO Gear Bluetooth 4.0 USB Adapter, Apple Keyboard and Apple Magic Mouse, Etekcity Scroll S200 Wired USB Mouse, OS X 10.11.1 using Clover

Thanks,

Jared

Bump, since I also repeatedly get kernel panics. I use the same mainboard and CPU.

Are there general step-by-step procedures on how to track down the cause of kernel panics?

My first suspicion is always RAM. For my MacBook I initially had about a KP per week. The certified support shop ran RAM tests in loop for a whole weekend and didn't find anything but then generously replaced the RAM just to see... and tada... no panics anymore.

But in the case of my hackintosh I briefly swapped out the RAM and put in some older 4GB I had lying around and still got panics... So either it's bad luck twice in that case or the cause is elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back