Contribute
Register

[Help] - Kernel Panic trying to boot El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comparing only the last change (date), the size of the file and the repo where i downloaded it from, unfortunately i can see no difference...

BTW: the last change of FakeSMC.kext was on 12-30-2015 so you mean that is not the current version?
I can't see any newer version anywhere on this link:https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-...zlek/downloads

Use Finder Get Info. For example, FakeSMC is currently at 1707. If you look at the ZIP you attached, you'll notice it is not 1707, but rather 1394.

Use Finder Get Info. For example, FakeSMC is currently at 1707. If you look at the ZIP you attached, you'll notice it is not 1707, but rather 1394.

This is my current clover folder and as you can see in the info it is ....1707...

So you mean it is not necessary for me to look up any approach on this site: [Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

maybe i need FakePCIID_XHCIMux or USBInjectAll.kext...

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2016-03-03 um 02.00.10.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-03-03 um 02.00.10.png
    170 KB · Views: 75
  • CLOVER.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 81
This is my current clover folder and as you can see in the info it is ....1707...

So you mean it is not necessary for me to look up any approach on this site: [Guide] 10.11+ USB changes and solutions

maybe i need FakePCIID_XHCIMux or USBInjectAll.kext...

This one looks good...

But your problem is a USB problem...

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

The guide is comprehensive, but I would recommend trying USBInjectAll.kext.

FakePCIID_XHCIMux is not applicable to your hardware. It is only for chipsets with Intel XHCI. Intel did not have a USB3 solution in the 6-series chipset.

Since your profile doesn't indicate chipset, I'm assuming it is 6-series as that is typical with Sandy Bridge CPUs. You should check what the chipset is and fill out your profile properly... If it was actually 7-series (Sandy Bridge CPU on 7-series is possible), then FakePCIID_XHCIMux can come into play.

This one looks good...

But your problem is a USB problem...

See guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

The guide is comprehensive, but I would recommend trying USBInjectAll.kext.

FakePCIID_XHCIMux is not applicable to your hardware. It is only for chipsets with Intel XHCI. Intel did not have a USB3 solution in the 6-series chipset.

Since your profile doesn't indicate chipset, I'm assuming it is 6-series as that is typical with Sandy Bridge CPUs. You should check what the chipset is and fill out your profile properly... If it was actually 7-series (Sandy Bridge CPU on 7-series is possible), then FakePCIID_XHCIMux can come into play.

Thank you so far! I will study that guide and try USBInjectAll.kext.

I updated my profile and yes it seems to be an 6 series chips (Intel HM65 Express).

Thank you so far! I will study that guide and try USBInjectAll.kext.

Simply copy USBInjectAll.kext to Clover/kexts/Other.

I updated my profile and yes it seems to be an 6 series chips (Intel HM65 Express).

XHCIMux not helpful then... (no XHCI controller from Intel).

Simply copy USBInjectAll.kext to Clover/kexts/Other.

XHCIMux not helpful then... (no XHCI controller from Intel).

Ok i copied USBInjectAll.kext to Clover/kexts/Other but now i got a new problem.
It stucks at this screen below...

I know that, "Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing or not loading. But how could that be? I have already FakeSMC.kext in my Clover/kexts/Other folder. :-/

Clover Folder is attached.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 77
Ok i copied USBInjectAll.kext to Clover/kexts/Other but now i got a new problem.
It stucks at this screen below...

I know that, "Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing or not loading. But how could that be? I have already FakeSMC.kext in my Clover/kexts/Other folder. :-/

Clover Folder is attached.

Make sure Clover is injecting kexts. If it is not injecting, the menu will show an option for booting with injection. If it is injecting, it will show a menu for booting without injecting.

Make sure Clover is injecting kexts. If it is not injecting, the menu will show an option for booting with injection. If it is injecting, it will show a menu for booting without injecting.

It shows me booting without injecting. That means clover is actually injecting the kexts...

It shows me booting without injecting. That means clover is actually injecting the kexts...

Check your verbose log to see if FakeSMC is starting.

You might also start over with new USB...

From where did you download OS X?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Check your verbose log to see if FakeSMC is starting.

You might also start over with new USB...

From where did you download OS X?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

I couldn't see FakeSMC starting nowhere.

I downloaded OS X El Capitan from the Mac App Store. I created my USB on a El Capitan Hackintosh (GA-Z97N Wifi, i5 4670K, GTX 970).

I will try another USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back