X5650
Graphics
HD 7970
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[SOLVED] Help, keep getting stuck on first reboot after install

Having trouble with first boot after update.

I cloned my Mavericks system so I could test, followed the instructions from the first page, booted using -v, installed Yosemeti over Mavericks. Successful install, boot again from the USB - but cannot boot into Yosemti to run Multibeast. The farthest I have gotten is by using kext-dev-mode=1 -v (and various other flags), it stops at several points, kernel panics or shuts off. I am installing on a partition of one of my disks. Do I need to use a full disk to text? I have a successful clean install on another disk. Do I need to install Chimera to the test disk?

Or what am I doing wrong?

Please help.

I can successfully install the update over Mavericks, but everytime I go and do the Boot using USB and select Yosemeti I get various hangs and kernel panics. I have used: -v, -v -x, -v -x -f, -kext-dev-mode=1, and many other boot flags. Kepps hanging at MBINIT, or kernel panics at FakeSMC and plugns or at ethernet driver. I have removed Generic USB, editing boot-plist as instructions directed.
Also got a kernel panic trying to load USBXHCI, which is removed from extension folder?!?

I could boot boot into the Mavericks disk before upgrade, and into a fresh install Yosemeti disk I have for testing. Just cannot upgrade existing install and complete initial boot to be able to run Multibeast.

Again, please help.

[SOLVED] Help, keep getting stuck on first reboot after install

Fixed. I had to do a couple of extra steps to get it to work.
After install I had to boot into my other working OS X install and run Multibeast from there and install the rollback kext, Chimera 4.0.1 and set kext-dev-mode=1 to the Yosemeti install before I could successfully reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back