CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
EVGA 1080 Superclocked
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So I have two separate drives for Windows and OS X, Windows on the 950 pro, and OS X on my Samsung 840 EVO. Before I purchased my 950 pro, everything worked fine, but now with my m.2 drive in my mobo, I cant get into either my OS X hard drive, OR a bootable USB drive with Unibeast installed. Unplug my m.2, everything works fine.

Finally found out that there are NVMe drivers, but I have no clue how to install them once Im already in OS X, or if I have to re-install the entire thing with Unibeast or something, but Im hoping I can skip that step. Could someone quickly give me a quick TL:DR on how to install this kext file I need? THANKS!

Quick parts list; Z97X Gaming 5 Mobo, i7-4790k, 16GB Vengeance RAM

So I have two separate drives for Windows and OS X, Windows on the 950 pro, and OS X on my Samsung 840 EVO. Before I purchased my 950 pro, everything worked fine, but now with my m.2 drive in my mobo, I cant get into either my OS X hard drive, OR a bootable USB drive with Unibeast installed. Unplug my m.2, everything works fine.

Finally found out that there are NVMe drivers, but I have no clue how to install them once Im already in OS X, or if I have to re-install the entire thing with Unibeast or something, but Im hoping I can skip that step. Could someone quickly give me a quick TL:DR on how to install this kext file I need? THANKS!

Quick parts list; Z97X Gaming 5 Mobo, i7-4790k, 16GB Vengeance RAM

https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme

Only thing is that Im running 10.10 (Yosemite), is my only option to upgrade to 10.11 or 10.12 to get these drivers to work for me?

There is no support for NVMe in Yosemite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back