CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
HD 630 - RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
There are many questions asked about this topic in various forums but no where there is a guide as to how to analyse the problem in a systematic way and possible solutions. I would request the so many Gurus who frequent this forum to provide guidance which is not bound by a particular hardware or version of MacOS. Exception could be a known hardware or OS version dependent bug or working.

Heading would be

No Sleep
Sleep but auto wake
Sleep but reboot at wake
Sleep but will not wake on Network access (Ethernet Card/Wifi)
Wake after sleep USB not working
Wake after sleep Slow performance
Random Wakes
Wake but display sleeps etc.

I know that there are no universal solutions for any problem but commands, programs which will unable one to analyse the problem and possible available solutions which can be applied for a given problem.

Thanks!

Thank god. I've been hesitating to create another thread about my sleep/ wake problem since search brings many threads already, tried to go through everything but might be missing something.

Problem I have is wake right after sleep (so more like just log screen).

Thank god. I've been hesitating to create another thread about my sleep/ wake problem since search brings many threads already, tried to go through everything but might be missing something.

Problem I have is wake right after sleep (so more like just log screen).
We have the same board mine is working like 98%. I don't know about forum rules of sharing my files but probably you can use it. This is my first Hackintosh so am not an expert so if it is permissible I can share my clover folder

I see people sharing their files all the time so that wouldn't be a problem.
What do you mean by 98%?

Mine used to work (couldn't remember times when it didn't).
- But I had problem using 3 bluetooth devices at once (mouse, keyboard and speaker), bluetooth would just disconnect, freeze up when the 3rd device (keyboard) tries to connect.
- I tried this guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/). Hoping it would solve the bluetooth problem.
Result: bluetooth problem is still there. And sleep becomes a new problem :))). I use 2 monitors, not sure if it matters.

I see people sharing their files all the time so that wouldn't be a problem.
What do you mean by 98%?

Mine used to work (couldn't remember times when it didn't).
- But I had problem using 3 bluetooth devices at once (mouse, keyboard and speaker), bluetooth would just disconnect, freeze up when the 3rd device (keyboard) tries to connect.
- I tried this guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/). Hoping it would solve the bluetooth problem.
Result: bluetooth problem is still there. And sleep becomes a new problem :))). I use 2 monitors, not sure if it matters.
Only some problems to wake the computer for network access, this also works many times, still analysing so have kept 2%. Else everything works perfectly including USB ports (with my selection of ports for 15 port limit by UIAC.aml + Power for charging iPad) , Handoff and continuity (have replaced the native intel m.2 card with Dell 1560) so perfect WiFi & Bluetooth. Both Network Connections, Hardware acceleration native intel 630, Dell p2415q 4k monitor attached via DP, proper sound, boot drive Samsung 970 NVME M.2 + micron SATA SSD and one HDD, CPU also behaves perfectly from idle frequency to turbo depending on load.
I think have covered all major problem areas.

The guide is for USB and not for Bluetooth, no idea about connecting 3 devices simultaneously mine is a Logitech Wi-Fi KB+mouse but am able to connect my iPhone, iPad, speaker via Bluetooth individually.

As my understanding the guide is mainly for proper power management, to prevent other problems down the line (sleep is one of them).
RehabMan seems to always check that session every time someone comes up with an issue about everything, I trust the man :D.

Back to sleep, another weird problem I'm having (when it's able to sleep) is that I can wake it up via my bluetooth mouse, but not able to do so via my USB wired keyboard. I'll probably try the custom SSDT guide again, something about this still bugs me.

As my understanding the guide is mainly for proper power management, to prevent other problems down the line (sleep is one of them).
RehabMan seems to always check that session every time someone comes up with an issue about everything, I trust the man :D.

Back to sleep, another weird problem I'm having (when it's able to sleep) is that I can wake it up via my bluetooth mouse, but not able to do so via my USB wired keyboard. I'll probably try the custom SSDT guide again, something about this still bugs me.
can send you my UIAC.dsl and .aml file once I reach home (after 6-7 hours) with which port mapping I have done, you can use it as it is or can map your required ports based on it. By the way I also have made mine based on the guide by this great Rehabman

can send you my UIAC.dsl and .aml file once I reach home (after 6-7 hours) with which port mapping I have done, you can use it as it is or can map your required ports based on it. By the way I also have made mine based on the guide by this great Rehabman
Sending my USB SSDT try it by putting it in Clover -> ACPI -> Patched. If you have any other SSDT-UIAC.aml file remove it first. This will enable Front of case 1 USB2, 2 USB3 and backside 2 USB3 (below ethernet port) the 4 in the raw is defined as USB2 to remain inside 15 port limit. Internal port 10 is used by onboard Bluetooth is defined as internal. Hope it helps.

Put these two kext files in clover->kexts->Other
1 USBInjectAll.kext
2. XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-Z370N.aml
    698 bytes · Views: 69
Last edited:
Hi Rajkhand, thanks for sending over. I do remember you from SSDT thread :).

Questions:
- Which port controllers are the ones for front ports. How many do you have in the front?
- Why do you have HS09 with UsbConnector value = 10? I think it can be 0, 3, and 255?
- You have 4 controllers for USB3, but 10 for USB2 (1 more for BT). I know the mainboard has 6 USB ports in the back, so you have 4 more in the front?
This is what RehabMan said:
"And you have 6 SSxx ports with UsbConnector=3, therefore should be matched by exactly 6 HSxx ports marked UsbConnector=3."

Mine had SS01->SS08 for USB2.0, HS01->HS08 for USB 3.0. SS10 for BT as well. So I removed SS03 + HS03 to stay within 15 ports limit.

Btw, what was the problem that made you go the the custom SSDT thread, and did it get resolved by doing the custom SSDT?

Hi Rajkhand, thanks for sending over. I do remember you from SSDT thread :).

Questions:
- Which port controllers are the ones for front ports. How many do you have in the front?
- Why do you have HS09 with UsbConnector value = 10? I think it can be 0, 3, and 255?
- You have 4 controllers for USB3, but 10 for USB2 (1 more for BT). I know the mainboard has 6 USB ports in the back, so you have 4 more in the front?
This is what RehabMan said:
"And you have 6 SSxx ports with UsbConnector=3, therefore should be matched by exactly 6 HSxx ports marked UsbConnector=3."

Mine had SS01->SS08 for USB2.0, HS01->HS08 for USB 3.0. SS10 for BT as well. So I removed SS03 + HS03 to stay within 15 ports limit.

Btw, what was the problem that made you go the the custom SSDT thread, and did it get resolved by doing the custom SSDT?
Front means attached to the header, 10 is for usb c in the back. To remain within 15 port limit I have enabled back 4 USB port as only usb2 if you declare a port as USB3 then you have to enable both HS and SS ports. Hope it’s clear now. Back means the ports which are present on the motherboard

Attachments

• 2017092910455677_big.jpg
    2017092910455677_big.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 2017092910455681_big.jpg
    2017092910455681_big.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 50
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back